Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you guys think that a 325/50/15 would be too much tire for a new edge gt that makes about 550ishrwhp through an auto? lets just say the car has stock front suspension but fully adjustable rear. The 550rwhp is a combination of nitrous and sc and will be sprayed out of the hole... again, all hypothetical. would just hate to see my buddy order 275 28s and them not hook "kinda the way i did". I had 26s on my black gt that hooked way better than the 28s did....

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah he did.... and i want my car to hook on the street more than i care about the track and i know a wider tire is what it will take

·
Registered
115 Posts
28" hoosier slicks on 15x8" rim hooked very well on my buddy's 02 gt/auto/4.30's/vortech/100 shot and made 526 to the wheels.

·
Registered
192 Posts
would look awesome but would prob need a pretty specific wheel offest

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the 325s did pretty well... it went a 1.46 60' tonight on boost alone on the 2nd pass i have made in the car...

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have an auto tranny too and am looking to make similar power within the next year or so. What do i need to build it up in order for the 4r70w to withstand it all.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
That tire is a hair under 28" diameter, so would expect some rubbing around outer diameter. The gearing will also be upped a bit, so some low gears are in order for good 1/4 mile times.

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it has 3.73s and i rolled the fenders and jacked my weight jacker lca all the way up... can take a bump at 120 with 3 people in the car and the tires wont scrub.... and wrr1020... i bought the car with a built trans but it was sent to Daren at "dpi?" racing to be built. with the stall and all it was $3800. I can get their number for you if you like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts