Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i am starting round 3 because i forgot wiring of the stock fuel emissions stuff :mad:

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
track only cars can shed alot of weight. i like it, less mess and easy to track down electrical issues when all the crap is gone

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not a track only car. dual purpose :D i'll drive it a lot till it sells, hit some twisties when i get the chance too.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Please don't give me anymore ideas..........

I've got enough crap to do already.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Mike, I will be shipping my car down to you to be done :)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please don't give me anymore ideas..........

I've got enough crap to do already.
dont do it, too much work! the wiring, looms, clips, in the 3rd pic only weighed 6lbs 11oz. i probably pulled out another pound maybe 2 at most with all the abs wiring. i pulling the emissions wiring out from the fuel system, getting rid of the inertia switch, egr wiring, and whatever else i can.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
:D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'm gonna put on sweats tomorrow, run a few miles and be set. That's about 6lbs off my ass right there.....

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, you might as well do it as well since we both seem to be doing the weight loss thing.

I'm gonna put on sweats tomorrow, run a few miles and be set. That's about 6lbs off my ass right there.....
yeah, but i trying to shave every ounce just to make up for keeping the a/c system. hell, i'll be going on a diet to try and shave 25lbs myslef by end of season. and hell i only weigh 160.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
well, you might as well do it as well since we both seem to be doing the weight loss thing.

yeah, but i trying to shave every ounce just to make up for keeping the a/c system. hell, i'll be going on a diet to try and shave 25lbs myslef by end of season. and hell i only weigh 160.
who needs a/c :shiftyeyes

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
wow......wiring is tedious and painful. Especially when you have to go through some one elses wiring. I give you credit, thats alot of work for 6ls :). If your redoing all that you should use some mil spec connectors leading to the engine wiring etc. That way makes it easier to unplug and remove. This one guy did it to his Honda Amphenol / Mil-spec connector guide - Honda-Tech Cheapest ones I know of are from PEI Genisis. Tyco Electronics also makes some but they are all plastic, they are called CPC connectors.

Probably a little overkill but I thought it was a cool application.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
who needs a/c :shiftyeyes
eh, it may come out. i leaving it for now beacuse i know my son will want to go out in the car and i will take it on road trips as well if i cant get the car sold.

wow......wiring is tedious and painful. Especially when you have to go through some one elses wiring. I give you credit, thats alot of work for 6ls :). If your redoing all that you should use some mil spec connectors leading to the engine wiring etc. That way makes it easier to unplug and remove. This one guy did it to his Honda Amphenol / Mil-spec connector guide - Honda-Tech Cheapest ones I know of are from PEI Genisis. Tyco Electronics also makes some but they are all plastic, they are called CPC connectors.

Probably a little overkill but I thought it was a cool application.
eh, little overboard. i going to try and change wire routing in he engine compartment as well. try to hide what i can.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts