Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with you guys that have either a Kenne Bell or a Procharger. I know that each have there ups and downs. The car is just a fun street car. It is mostly stock other then some exhaust and some bolt on parts. If i go the KB way i am going to end up inter cooling it next winter because i don't like the intake heat they make. If i go with the Procharger i am going to upgrade to the D-1sc now with the 3 row. I really like the low rpm power of the KB but i think the Procharger would give me plenty of low end too. Hope ya guys can help me out thanks! :(

·
Registered
725 Posts
Vortech V-3 Strim. Mind If I ask Is there any particular reason you want a supercharger? Turbo's make excellent power and are todays technology superchargers are more old school. If you get the S/C your just going to have a **** load of hp and tq down low where It's only good for spinning the tires like a mad man. Check On3performance.com out and look at there dyno videos, they're awesome, cheap and reliable.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked at vortech kits but i wild like to run a intercooler with it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't really looked at any turbos. Not much into running exhaust!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Lolz did you come from owning a camaro with a market that only offers rear mount turbos? Turbos do not run off the exhaust. Not all of them at least

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't seen a turbo that didn't run off exhaust??

·
Registered
342 Posts
Turbos do not run off the exhaust. Not all of them at least
huhh?? so does magic happen or somethin lol

and for the street if you want a supercharger I would get a vortec v-3, 8 lbs, intercooler not needed. A centri blower will walk a kenne bell.

BUT, back to your poll.. if your looking for a fun car to drive then kenne belle hands down. If your looking for lower quarter mile times then procharger

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Vortech V-3 Strim. Mind If I ask Is there any particular reason you want a supercharger? Turbo's make excellent power and are todays technology superchargers are more old school. If you get the S/C your just going to have a **** load of hp and tq down low where It's only good for spinning the tires like a mad man. Check On3performance.com out and look at there dyno videos, they're awesome, cheap and reliable.
Wrong: Centri blowers spike a low boost number and creep to a max boost number before the power band runs out. They make more power as you spin the motor higher.

Lolz did you come from owning a camaro with a market that only offers rear mount turbos? Turbos do not run off the exhaust. Not all of them at least
Every turbo is spun off the exhaust... please stop giving forced induction advice.

To the o.p. yes a vortech car can heat soak easy. My car with a v2 use to be way faster when it was cooler at night alone. Its not THAT bad. A ebay cold side and front mount with some couplers and cutting for a couple extra bucks with a vortech would be perfect for you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that turbo cars are awesome i just don't wanna tap the pan or run exhaust.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The on3 kit doesn't run off the exhaust correct me if I'm wrong but most front mount turbos suck fresh air.
No they are all run off exhaust gases.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To the o.p. yes a vortech car can heat soak easy. My car with a v2 use to be way faster when it was cooler at night alone. Its not THAT bad. A ebay cold side and front mount with some couplers and cutting for a couple extra bucks with a vortech would be perfect for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I will look at some more vortech setups. That would deff. be my 3rd choice.

·
Registered
347 Posts
v-3 si-trim self lubricated
i run 10-11 psi un intercooled just fine just have a good tune and dont do constant runs back to back or it will heat soak

1 - 20 of 54 Posts