Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was wondering what superchargers you guys find to be the beSt? I'm looking for something that makes good power but is also going to be reliable. Also where should I buy it from? Any kits? I'm looking to spend as much as I need to for it to make good power but be reliable with a pretty much stock motor. Thanks

Hahahaha also I ment buy in the title. My mistake

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
all depends what you plan on doing with it. try the search option to determine what you want. there are so many options

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
well i have found that thinking about it too long will make you go nuts, i have thought about the saleen and roush for a little while and then started looking into centri s/c's... i think i am bought on the paxton novi 2200sl from brenspeed, it is intercooled and will get you the most bang for your buck! plus it is good for a daily driver, which was what i was looking at, will run you $4,995
Mustang GT Paxton Supercharger SL Satin Brenspeed Package (05-10)

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Dude, just look around, and read the threads on this forum. There is something like.....7 or 8 companies that make s/c for these cars. AND, they all make 2 or 3 different models. So, look around, and find one that suits you. There were just a couple of threads this past week. BUT, in a nutshell...

Centri (Paxton, Vortech) Will whistle(Juco) make great top end power, take a little longer to spool, but is easier to daily drive.

Positive displacement (i.e. Kenne, Roush, Saleen) Have sick low end power, still hold their own top end. Takes getting used to daily drive. *Nasty Burnouts!!!* (I'm not sure if Saleen and Roush are Twin Screw. I know Kenne is... Roush and Saleen might be Roots type*

TVS (Roush, E-Force) Have both, low end, and super top end power. Still a top mount s/c but has best of both worlds. I'm not much familiar with these, so, someone else chime in please...

*I tried*

·
Registered
175 Posts
Whipple HO 550 kit from Lethal or Roush P51 (TVS) kit from VMP Tuning.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thInkng centri because its my DD but I also want fast 1/4 mile times and don't want traction problems. I'm going to keep looking before I decide

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Dude, just look around, and read the threads on this forum. There is something like.....7 or 8 companies that make s/c for these cars. AND, they all make 2 or 3 different models. So, look around, and find one that suits you. There were just a couple of threads this past week. BUT, in a nutshell...

Centri (Paxton, Vortech) Will whistle(Juco) make great top end power, take a little longer to spool, but is easier to daily drive.

Positive displacement (i.e. Kenne, Roush, Saleen) Have sick low end power, still hold their own top end. Takes getting used to daily drive. *Nasty Burnouts!!!* (I'm not sure if Saleen and Roush are Twin Screw. I know Kenne is... Roush and Saleen might be Roots type*

TVS (Roush, E-Force) Have both, low end, and super top end power. Still a top mount s/c but has best of both worlds. I'm not much familiar with these, so, someone else chime in please...

*I tried*
Youre pretty much spot on.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Who are the best people to look for one? I have mainly been looking on brenspeed, superchargersonline, stage3.. just wondering if someone knows a good deal and i miss it... also trying to help out 06greenmachine! haha

·
Registered
77 Posts
Saleen in my opinion has the best blowers on the market. But it is really just personal preference. Since I already have the shaker hood, I'm looking at the Paxton 2200 from Brenspeed or the Saleen Supershaker if I win the lottery!

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
yeah that is why i am going with the paxton, and the supershaker you are kinda limited on hp unless you completely go all out! where you lookin to order from?^^^^

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah that is why i am going with the paxton, and the supershaker you are kinda limited on hp unless you completely go all out! where you lookin to order from?^^^^
The supershaker from my understanding is the same Saleen blower with a shaker attachment. You can still do pulley changes to up the PSI like the regular Saleen blowers. The paxton is a nice setup for the price though, at least on Brenspeed's website. If I order it will be from Brenspeed...I will do the install (as I have done for all the other mods) and then take to get tuned. I would love Brenspeed to tune but I live in GA so not wanting to travel that far.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Whipple or
:D

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would figure out first if you ever plan on getting a forged block. That will decide a lot right there. I personally have not been to impressed with the numbers people have with the saleen supercharger with stroker blocks. Most are sitting around 550rwhp and I know with the Roush TVS when I go with the stroker block I will be well over 600rwhp but I maybe missing something on why they are that low.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Roush TVS
Whipple
Kenne Bell

Those would be my top three choices...order doesn't matter...I'd run any of those on my car proudly. I run the TVS. It is a 4-lobe roots and almost identical in power, torque efficiency, etc to the Whipple and KB. If you go all out, the Whipple and KB are better at high boost PSI (less heat)...but down low the TVS is the hot ticket (sub 15 PSI)...it is just so efficient down low and makes lots of torque. You really can't go wrong with any of the three, and they all have their advantages: Roush has Eaton's OEM reliability and 100-150,000 mile serviceability...plus backup from great tuners like VMP and JDM...Kenne Bell has billet cases and liquid cooling...Whipple has that kickass 10 rib drive belt setup...

Then there is Saleen, which is a twin-screw and can be used with a supershaker if you are into that look...

Then there are centrifugals (Vortech, Paxton, etc.) which offer easy street drivabilty and wicked freeway and top end drag strip performance, especially when coupled with gears.

Centris are noisy down low but more quiet under boost, whereas KB Whipple and Roush are quiet down low but wail under boost.

USE SEARCH, there are a ton of threads just like this...study up, ask questions, find a seller at a price you want, and make it so.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I would figure out first if you ever plan on getting a forged block. That will decide a lot right there. I personally have not been to impressed with the numbers people have with the saleen supercharger with stroker blocks. Most are sitting around 550rwhp and I know with the Roush TVS when I go with the stroker block I will be well over 600rwhp but I maybe missing something on why they are that low.
A forged block with a TVS, a 2.75 pulley (single belt) with the Roush overdrive crank damper, a VMP inlet elbow and throttle body with a JLT ot GT intake will make 700 RWHP. That is with stock displacement and 8.5 compression (Roush P-51 block). A forged stroker at stock compression will beat that and should net over 700 RWHP easily.:yes

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm on a budget so I'm probably just gonna save my money for the vortech kit from brenspeed. Its under 4k and puts you over 400rwhp :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts