Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm swapping an 01 4v Cobra engine & tranny in my 99 GT.

Bolt on plans for the "engine" for right now.

1. LT Headers & Catted X
2. Bigger Throttle Body
3. JLT Ram Air Intake
4. Under Driver Pullies

So because I'm running a bigger TB will I need the Plenum port matched?

What about a bigger MAF? Will I need that? or would it benefit me?

& Later... after all that is said and done, I'm planning on doing a 125 Dry Shot Kit by Alternative Performance from Lido.

^Will I need bigger injectors and Fuel Pump for this specific Setup?^

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes, on a dry kit the injectors are supplying the extra fuel with the nitrous. Not sure on the size injectors needed cause I've always went with a wet kit. Personally I wouldn't do a dry kit on a street driven car cause you'll have to have a lot of extra work, such as 2 tunes (one while not spraying it) and one when you do, and it has to be dyno tuned cause of changing to bigger injectors. on a wet kit you judt drop some timing and rock it out. your not gonna want to spray all the time, do youll need a n/a Then you are looking at the problem of running around on 30 lbs + or bigger injectors on a n/a setup that doesn't need such a big injector not a problem but not ideal. If you do decide to drive around with a nitrous tune and spraying, your gonna spend a lot of dough on filling bottles, especially if you drive like me. I go wot at least one time even if I'm going to the store, lol.

Not trying to bash your idea, just putting some things out there for you to consider. Cause if can swing a dry kit go for it.

A fuel pump is gonna be a must, too, on this setup. Stock gt pump is maxed on a bap at around 360 or so HP. You'll need the pump regardless of wet or dry kit.

Good luck with you build man, it's gonna be a beast!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts