Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know I was looking at some little covers to go over the switch plate on the door handle. All of the ones that I see will not fit my doors because behind the two window switches I have a third one that as far as I know goes to nothing. Does any one have this third switch and WTF is it for? Also if it is a useless switch, I'm going to hook up my trunk release to it. If I do that I will have an extra trunk release button up for grabs.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You know I was looking at some little covers to go over the switch plate on the door handle. All of the ones that I see will not fit my doors because behind the two window switches I have a third one that as far as I know goes to nothing. Does any one have this third switch and WTF is it for? Also if it is a useless switch, I'm going to hook up my trunk release to it. If I do that I will have an extra trunk release button up for grabs.
I can't follow what you describing... but I'm interested, got any pics? If there is a useless button in my stang that I don't know about I'd like to do the same thing. :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
i think i have 2.... but i have never really paid that much attention to recall.. that would be awesome to have a useless button to use as a trunk button..

i wanna see this third button..

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody got a switch like this?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its the back 1/4 windows on a vert ( to roll them down to drop the top ).
Well that is interesting. I don't have a drop top. I wonder why it got put in my car? I wonder if it is hooked up to any wires? It would be nice to splice in my truck release to that if it has wires hooked up to it. I bought a trunk release button from SHR and was going was looking for a good place to install it when I came across this switch. It is a simple setup, one wire to a ground and the other taps into a wire going along the passenger side sill. If I could tap into the harness under the dash instead of opening up the door it would make this a breeze.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
huh? Your coupe has that switch??? Did you buy your car used or new? Thats puzzling as Im 100% certain thats what the switch is for.

BTW- Is that your door panel in the pic? If so you need to give your door some lovin and clean that up some ( or stop kicking it ). And why is there no speaker on your door panel?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
huh? Your coupe has that switch??? Did you buy your car used or new? Thats puzzling as Im 100% certain thats what the switch is for.

BTW- Is that your door panel in the pic? If so you need to give your door some lovin and clean that up some ( or stop kicking it ). And why is there no speaker on your door panel?
Wow... WTF happend. Did the interiour Guy at the factory come in drunk, give you a extra switch and not remember to cut the hole for the speakers? :p
I bought the car with 6K on it. Yeah I'm working on the interior to get it all sparkly and stuff, and I want to get the truck release button in before I finish. I got the center console done last week.

I don't have a shaker head unit, just the stock am/fm cd player with the POS door speakers that are higher up on the door than the shaker speakers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Did the car have a clean history when you bought it? If there was driver side damage and they just grabbed a door panel not paying attention to fix it, it could be an indication of why there is an extra switch.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did the car have a clean history when you bought it? If there was driver side damage and they just grabbed a door panel not paying attention to fix it, it could be an indication of why there is an extra switch.
You know I never actually saw a carfax report or anything but now that you bring it up there was one other odd thing about my car that doesn't make sense. On all four corners I have EBC dimpled and slotted rotors. Well on the drivers side front the slots on the rotors face a different direction than the others. Now I realize that the only way to do this with a set of rotors is to put one on the "wrong side," but in that case there would have to be two rotors facing the wrong way. It is impossible to just get one the wrong way unless the set was messed up from EBC, which they said couldn't happen, or one rotor was replaced at some time, which doesn't make sense either because I think one would replace both sides at the same time regardless if both sides needed to be swapped out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You sir have a wrecked car I bet... I would find a carfax if I were you just to see, however it's not a guarantee cause Carfax only pulls insurance reports, and if it wasn't reported they won't know.

Did you find any overspray anywhere in the same area?

Also if you take pictures in different lighting and angles you can sometimes see discoloration which is also a sign of repaint. Maybe hard to see in Silver, but I know in yellow, white, red and blue it's very easy to see...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Not so fast! I had a new F-250 truck one time that had a real nice passenger's side carpeted lower door panel with a nice storage pouch on a stripped work truck we ordered in 1990. The driver's door had just painted steel on the lower part. It was a factory mistake.

07Boss, I would try it out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did you pop the switch cover to see if it's hot or harness conected ?

That may help explain this fanomina ?

**** does happen at the factory though for sure.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well guys, Stopped by Ford on the way home this afternoon and my Service Manager saw me and walk out to my car. He asked me what he could do for me and I pointed to my switch and asked him, "WTF is that switch for?"
He calmly answered, "It's for your rear quarter windows."
I said, "What rear quarter windows?"
He looked toward the rear of the car and said, "Huh. Wait right here."
He went and got the one of the techs. The tech scratched his head and went and got his boss. Couple of salesmen cruised over. They were having a big hoopla over a little switch. Anyways to make a long story short. Sales dept. ran a report, came up clean. I've never seen any damage or mismatched paint or striping, and I've been underneath my front end dozens of times installing suspension, bumpers, lights, brakes, and such. It was the conclusion of everybody there that I might have a 1 of 1, factory custom, '07 GT coupe. How awesome is that? At least now I won't have to drill a hole for my trunk release button. Only draw back to using that switch is that the key has to be on or it won't work.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Just don't accidentally hit it when you're cruizin I-15. *chuckle* You can make it so it opens the trunk when you pull up on it, just so that doesn't happen. You know......so the bodies don't fall out!

Future reference though. That switch is actually a good idea for that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts