Modded Mustang Forums banner

2601 - 2620 of 4132 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah I did fall off for awhile, but the build is finally coming together! I had to park it for awhile, the throwout bearing noise was starting to get annoying, so ford racing tob and new clutch had to get added to the list, but so far I've got a ton of new ****

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
what turbo are you running ? and why did you only tune it for 3.6? lol
garrett gt30/r

its the spring in the wg, havent installed the boost controler yet and it was street tuned

over winter ill install the next round of mods and get it on a dyno

·
Registered
144 Posts
So today I went to bolt up everything fro the cltuch/ trans so I could finally connect the transmission to the engine today. However when I went to line up the pressure plate to the flywheel, they didnt line up at all. Confused, I looked up the part number on the box and this came up

EXEDY Globalparts Corporation | High Performance and OEM Clutches and Flywheels

I hit up Matticus and asked him if he knew anything about it and he told me that this is what it shouldve been and that AM mightve shipped him the wrong part if it didnt fit right.

Exedy Mach 400 Mustang Clutch 07805 (Late 01-04 GT, Mach 1; 99-04 Cobra) - Free Shipping 07805

So it looks like I'm probably going to need another clutch kit. However I have a spec pressure plate that fits the Spec flywheel so I may be able to get away with just buying another disc. Sucks though because I wasnt planning on doing so and that money could go towards something else :(

Attachments

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
apparently it is dan haga's old kit.

pics -

The only thing is that I don't think that the down pipe will fit without a tubular k member. I may have to figure something out with that. Might try to run it over the headers and down.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
apparently it is dan haga's old kit.

pics -

The only thing is that I don't think that the down pipe will fit without a tubular k member. I may have to figure something out with that. Might try to run it over the headers and down.
Nice dude looks pretty decent.

Some advice on the exhaust routing. Mine was made to go under a tubular k member as well originally. Looking back, I should have just got a kmember kit and been done with it. I spent close to $550 for a welding set up, another $100 on stainless bends, and another $130 on a hydroboost set up to get it to fit (which you prob wouldn't need but it adds a TON of space on drivers side, but is kinda a pain to swap in). If you are gonna try to get out the passenger side, the ac lines are pretty tight in there. And they don't like heat (mine blew out next to my exhaust header after running the engine at idle for 10mins lol refrigerant everywhere).

All in all, for the hassle, time and everything it took the $750 for a kmember kit from upr or Griggs would be fine even for a daily driver. Aje seems to have a nice kit too. This is also all dependent if you have a welder or not, if you do, fire her up and melt some steel

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
my buddy welds so we can probably make it work.
and I believe the kit doesn't clear the original ac lines in the first place. He works at a speed shop and said he could probably make me some ac lines that fit though.

I still kind of want to just buy a cobra and be done with it though. lol

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

but the kit should probably show up next week some time. so we shall see what it looks like.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
my buddy welds so we can probably make it work.
and I believe the kit doesn't clear the original ac lines in the first place. He works at a speed shop and said he could probably make me some ac lines that fit though.

I still kind of want to just buy a cobra and be done with it though. lol

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

but the kit should probably show up next week some time. so we shall see what it looks like.
i was feeling the same way until i drove mine with the turbo setup

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
I havnt updated much on here lately.. I cut/welded the coolant neck for the upper intake to keep it away from the belt. I got a cold air kit made out of a stock cobra intake tube, 90mm maf, maf adapter and huge k&n filter.. picked up an A1000 fuel pump and some 42# green top injectors. Got an sct xcal 2 to load my tunes and datalog with. I made my coil and throttle cable brackets.. . Now all I need is my feed line and fittings, pre and post filters for my pump, a meth kit, coolant lines, little filters for my valve covers, vacuum lines and a tune.. Not much left to do.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
nice job getting things together everyone.

Got most of the way through moving my proportioning valve last night. I needed to move it, because well it was touching the exhaust directly and I don't want my brake fluid boiling. Also, with it moved out of the way its easier to get the exhaust in and out.

Got the old one off after lots of remaining fluid decided to pour out, glad I had lots of extra towels for it to drop onto (i covered everything up so as not to destroy the paint in the engine bay)

Ghetto bracket! I was originally planning on mounting it to the wall, but didn't have room for the lines. I spent maybe 5 minutes on this bracket, and honestly just needed something to work. it goes on/off very easily, so I will make a much nicer bracket during the winter, I just need to get it done for now.

Got the lines hooked up except for one of my master cylinder lines that was too short and the shops were closed. I'll get another line after work, make it fit, then I will get the exhaust back on and hopefully get it warmed up and out on the road. We will see, its getting pretty cold in ohio haha.

2601 - 2620 of 4132 Posts