281 - 300 of 4132 Posts

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
I ordered directly from Chemical Guys lol

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
Oh damn, well on my next order for sure ;)

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I completely understand where your coming from. But i have taken alot of precaution on how it will behave if it does break. The welded end will be towards the rear close to the axle, so if it breaks, its the welded end that will fall towards the floor with the yoke still and axle still in place, only the broken welded side dragging on the floor spinning.

Yes this does sound bad so i dont blame anyone for thinking wrong of me. But im not planning on running the car roughly, this is only going to be to test if its durable. i have two months of holiday vacation where i can just mess around with stuff like this.

Would be awesome if it all goes well, but if it doesnt it was still a good attempt.
If you knew what precaution is you would never of done that.
and its not a good attempt its foolishness.

How many people have to tell you before it sinks in?
When it brakes I hope you don't crash into one of my family members

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
Some soft bristles to knock down the build up in the runners and some light sprays of brake kleen, Still trying to decide what to do for throttle body and IAC though.

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
I completely understand where your coming from. But i have taken alot of precaution on how it will behave if it does break. The welded end will be towards the rear close to the axle, so if it breaks, its the welded end that will fall towards the floor with the yoke still and axle still in place, only the broken welded side dragging on the floor spinning.

Yes this does sound bad so i dont blame anyone for thinking wrong of me. But im not planning on running the car roughly, this is only going to be to test if its durable. i have two months of holiday vacation where i can just mess around with stuff like this.

Would be awesome if it all goes well, but if it doesnt it was still a good attempt.
I know that you don't mind that the car might be in danger because it's...well... your car... but you do realize that the long end of the driveshaft spinning is going to be like a wrecking ball beneath your feet. Remember the driveshaft is just beneath your center console...

As described in an instance where it actually happened...

"The vehicle lost its driveshaft, which turned itself into a spinning hunk of metal that tore into the floorpan, bashed through its interior bits and generally caused mechanical mayhem."

Now, like I said, I don't mind if you're willing to take this chance, but dude, we can both agree that NO one is going to be able to maintain control of the car when that happens. I just hope no one else is on the road if/when this happens. (specifically not my family nor SON1Cs).

Oh and you pretty much should have known this was a bad idea when people who you were willing to pay wouldn't do it.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
I know that you don't mind that the car might be in danger because it's...well... your car... but you do realize that the long end of the driveshaft spinning is going to be like a wrecking ball beneath your feet. Remember the driveshaft is just beneath your center console...

As described in an instance where it actually happened...

"The vehicle lost its driveshaft, which turned itself into a spinning hunk of metal that tore into the floorpan, bashed through its interior bits and generally caused mechanical mayhem."

Now, like I said, I don't mind if you're willing to take this chance, but dude, we can both agree that NO one is going to be able to maintain control of the car when that happens. I just hope no one else is on the road if/when this happens. (specifically not my family nor SON1Cs).

Oh and you pretty much should have known this was a bad idea when people who you were willing to pay wouldn't do it.
:yes
reps!
where have you been at man, I haven't seen have the pics in your sig, whore them in the detailing today thread :swordfight:

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
:yes
reps!
where have you been at man, I haven't seen have the pics in your sig, whore them in the detailing today thread :swordfight:
I was on my honeymoon for 7 days. Just got back this afternoon.

This is one from before I left....315 splatter looking fresh :shiftyeyes

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
why did you not rev it in her face at the end of part two? lol
so everythings good now?
Yea yeah, The wind direction was changing. Was going left then right. And she just stood there. shes only ten and hasn't developed common sense.:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Oh yeah, for mounting the IAC and to use either the GT throttle body or swap the guts of the windstar throttle body.
Never herd of anyone swapping guts in TB. I have the modified VAP TB but if I was going to make my own kit, I would go for the GT TB for simplicity.

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
Never herd of anyone swapping guts in TB. I have the modified VAP TB but if I was going to make my own kit, I would go for the GT TB for simplicity.

Swapping the guts from the V6 to Windstar TB would save about $25... if you're going for saving the maximum $$$ that would be about 16% savings.

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
Damn it, I just closed out the thread that described the process of swapping them. I just want to do it so that its as factory looking and clean as possible. What did you use Stephen?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i dropped my tank last night and i broke one of the valves, its not the purge valve the other one, i got a part # but i cant find it for nothing!

anyways both lead up to the vapor canister, and can i just delete the canister? or is there an actual reason i should keep it?

281 - 300 of 4132 Posts