Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 140 of 4132 Posts

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
Just bought a pair of flowmaster super 10s from a local member here for a 100 bucks
Let me know how those sound! I was thinking about running 10s for a while.

on sunday i solved a engine vibration issue and a p0171 code "bank 1 lean" with a can of gum cutter, a rubber hose, a car battery, some small hose clamps, and a used water bottle. can you guess what i did?
McGyver'd that biotch

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
SOB's broke in and stole your electronics huh? I hate thieves, too many a-holes out there that need a good a** kickin'.
yup that they did... bastards
I'm pretty sure I need a new clutch. It doesn't catch until my pedal is pretty much released and it makes a squeak noise. Has anybody heard anything good about the RAM stage 2 clutch from AM?
im running one right now, i recommend it

·
Registered
390 Posts
Let me know how those sound! I was thinking about running 10s for a while.

McGyver'd that biotch
this is basically what i did but my method was probably more effective.

i think the trick is to hold higher pressure and pulse the injector much quicker.
it solved my pre-igniting cylinders issues and stopped the code p0171 in the pcm. i had 3 injectors with multiple clogged jets and low flow, 2 of which were on bank 1.

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
this is basically what i did but my method was probably more effective.
Fuel injector cleaning - YouTube

i think the trick is to hold higher pressure and pulse the injector much quicker.
it solved my pre-igniting cylinders issues and stopped the code p0171 in the pcm. i had 3 injectors with multiple clogged jets and low flow, 2 of which were on bank 1.
Interesting. On a side note, I would use larger gauge wires with that battery... just an observation

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
My clutch squeaks after long drives. But if I BARELY touch the pedal, the squeak stops.
It did it REALLY bad when I had my old clutch replaced.

Now it only does it after a 20+ Mile drive

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thank god my stang is garages or Hurricane Sandy would have messed it up pretty bad! Still no power

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
gah bastard lol mine dont come in till Wednesday, will be getting them installed the next day
Im getting them installed next week too cant do it now lol work is in the way
BTW
Does anybody know why my emergency brake light goes on while I WOT in first gear??

·
Registered
390 Posts
My clutch squeaks after long drives. But if I BARELY touch the pedal, the squeak stops.
It did it REALLY bad when I had my old clutch replaced.

Now it only does it after a 20+ Mile drive
push the clutch in and quickly release it "in neutral", then pull it back towards you to readjust. may help

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Replaced power steering pump, I think after rerouting belt to eliminate a/c without a tensioner finally knocked out a bearing in pump, Had to replace it again after first replacement would not stop winning, Ended up with rebuilt motorcraft.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
well I bought it as a second car for my wife,after a week she said she didn't like it because
at a light everyone would pull up along side of her with nice wheels and exhaust , she felt intimidated. so 3 years later and about 7,000 in up grades she doesn't want to drive it because she is afraid some one will bump into it, so I'll just sell it and get her a dump truck. you just cant please a woman

121 - 140 of 4132 Posts