Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ran to grab some food real quick, and i notice on the drive back that the left blinker indication light on the dash is solid green, not blinking, just solid. so i hit the right blinker to see what happens.. right blinker works fine, normal speed... i hit the left blinker.. it blinks really fast, and when i turn it off it stay lit solidly(indicator and actual light)(i don't know if the blinker lights always stay solid or turn off when they aren't blinking ?).. i parked the car home.. turned it off turned it back on, its still the same. what the heck did i do ? ; ;

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
it's one of your lights on the left side.. doesn't mean it's the blinker bulb.

it could be a bad tail lamp or back up light.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Could also be multi function switch (mine does the same only when its extremely cold out too) i had it replaced about a year and a half ago cuz it wouldn't go back to normal and then the new one works fine. Turn the key on, put the high beams on and continue pushing forward (semi-hard BUT not tooooo hard that it breaks haha). If it makes a buzzing sound or starts to function normally then this is the same problem i had.

HMUSN could also be right, i am not familiar w/ that tho. If my suggestion doesnt work then go w/ HMUSN's idea. Hope this helps

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i went outside and checked everything. from what i could tell everything is working fine. the light from being in reverse seemed to be on,the rear lights are fine, the blinker works(although its really dim when flashing, but i assume that because its flashing so fast) and from what i could tell normal and high beams worked fine. its not cold out(its like 40, but ive been driving this in MA all winter in much colder weather) im going to check tomorrow and have someone do all the steps while i watch the lights, but im beginning to think its the multi function switch that yellowstang6r was talking about. ill try the thing tomorrow where you push forward kinda hard.

thanx all

·
Registered
927 Posts
a little time ago, i had the same problem....it´s a pain in the ass....
and what did you do to fix it ..?

i thought it was a bulb out as well ..now im stumped.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Maybe when you have someone else to do the lights while you watch, you will find the brake light is out? Like said, usually if it is on steady its the flasher or ground, but if one of the lights is out the other light will flash fast, front or back, whichever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts