Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the stupid drive cycle **** and drove over 300 miles and the cars still not "ready". I can't ****ing pass inspection because the god damn computer won't read **** what the hell is going on. Someone please help I'm about to light this thing on fire and collect the insurance.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Is the cel on? Just keep driving it, it tool my dad like 500 miles

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No cel no codes no nothing. Cars in the best condition it's been for inspection since I got it and go figure now it doesn't pass cause the ****ing battery decides to give up on my days before I planned to go. I'll keep driving it alright, I'm gonna drive the **** out of it. I'm so tired of this thing not going into gears properly and that stupid ****ing clutch noise I've been dealing with for two years. It sounds like the TOB is going to explode when I floor it so I hope it does. This is the 3rd time I've been and failed for the same **** I'm on my last nerve. I've been trying to de cat the car for ****ing weeks now and this is the only thing stopping me. I'm going insane here I don't even want this piece of **** anymore.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Hes having very annoying clutch/transmission problems. It sucks, makes the car feel like a pos.

After you get your sticker man, I would drop the tranny and do a new clutch. Try like a Spec 2+ with FRPP TOB and Pilot Bearing. Make sure everything is tight, the fork, shaft etc...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah sorry to be so angry just like Shaun said you gotta here this thing it chatters and jumps around and shifts like ****. I did the drive cycle but I haven't tried doing it with a full tank. My filler neck leaks so I usually only put in a little gas at a time. I'll try filling it and driving around a lot, thanks for the idea.

Shaun I am going to drop the trans again before I put my Vortech on. However I really don't want to ditch my DF, I love the clutch itself. I'm going to redo everything this time with the proper alignment tool and a hefty amount of grease. Put in another new ford tob and pilot and then do the pressure plate bolts at 25ft-lbs rather then just hand tightening them. Maybe I'll back out the flywheel bolts and torque them to spec too. Would about 25 be good on them also? (if anyone knows thanks) Thanks for no one yelling back at me too and making me more frustrated lol. I need to not post when I'm aggrivated because tensions usually get high lol.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh also I'll make sure that pivot ball you told me about is where it should be and tight. I'm not letting anything screw me up this time. Like I said from about 3800rpm till when I shift, something in the clutch screams and chatters and it literally sounds like it wants to blow up. So if I can't get the issue sorted out I guess I'll be selling my Vortech stuff. I don't want to put the clutch through my bellhousing or blow the trans or anything, I can't afford it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Flywheel bolts torque to 59ft/lbs per alldata if that's any help to you man, sorry I can't be much help, I don't know much about clutches and ****

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks bro better then nothing lol.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah make sure everything is torqued to spec, flywheel is 59-64ftlbs and pressure plate is 25 ft lbs.

When you have the tranny dropped, check the clutch fork, make sure that 7/8 nut on the pivot ball is turned in all the way etc.... Use loc-tite on the flywheel/pressure plate bolts, some lube where the TOB slides on, some lube inside the pilot bearing, make sure when you use the alignment tool it slides in and out nice and easy.

If not, swap for an auto? Lol. If you can swing it, go with another clutch, maybe the centrigual weights on that DF are ****ed up or something, or the fingers suck on the pressure plate. Ive heard good things from the Spec stage 2+ and Ram Powergrip.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been wondering about those weights myself now I'm really considering a change. I had a spec and it was a piece of ****. Maybe that Ram clutch is worth looking into. You use a df right?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
The newer spec 2+ is really good. The + from what Ive learned means its a stage 1 pressure plate but modified for the 2 clutch. So its nice light pedal effort, but takes more of a beaten then the 1.

The Ram Powergrip I was going to get then, F8L, Tbrid and Manolith convinced me to buy the DF. That was my other choice though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts