Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting new tires and need to see what sizes i can fit.
i have a 10.5x17 wheel. i am looking for the largest tire i can fit without mini tubing it.

i am looking at getting the mickey thompson ET Street Radial. in a 295/45/17
any ideas on how this will sit?

i have removed the quad shocks already. and i have upper and lower control arms along with lakewood 50/50's and eibach drag springs with an airbag.

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

·
Registered
594 Posts
You will probably need spacers. It may fit without them, but it will be tight. I would stick to some 275/xx/17. Pretty sure thats the biggest you can go without mods. Not sure on that though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Oh wow. I was way off :no

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yep, 315s are perfect. I did need to use a 1/4" spacer, but I left my quad shocks in. So you should have no problems with a your Micky's at all. Could probably even put your quad shocks back in....if you have issues with wheel hop...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yep, 315s are perfect. I did need to use a 1/4" spacer, but I left my quad shocks in. So you should have no problems with a your Micky's at all. Could probably even put your quad shocks back in....if you have issues with wheel hop...
What you do is flip them around and then the fat part of it is no longer in the way of the tire rubber. When the car is jacked up the axle drops so at that time you see how close the two come but remember thats not the way the car rolls on the road. Because the quads are at an angle when you lower the car the wheels start to space themselves father apart from them leaving plenty of room for a bigger tire even. Of coarse you could just take them off too. Many people run without them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Is that what thle quadshocks do? help out with wheel hop?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a 315 on now. the reason im doing this switch though is now its been turned into a drag/track car the past year so its not so much the width im worried about. im going with a 295 because i can get a taller tire. which means better for top speed.
and quad shocks r pointless with my suspension and would never put them on again either. so they r out of the question regardless.
its just overall going to be a bigger tire and didnt know how things would sit. and i kinda wanted an idea b4 i bought them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts