Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i dunno what i should do next on my 01 gt.. i have only put a mac cold air intake..75mm throttle body and pelnum.. but i am now stuck on what i wanna do next any got a suggestion on the best route

·
Registered
343 Posts
Underdrive pulleys, gear, exhuast.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
what are you goals for the car?

·
Registered
343 Posts
IMO no matter what your goals are you cant go wront with Underdrive pulleys, exhaust, and gears.:D

Reactions: Pittbull

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
IMO no matter what your goals are you cant go wront with Underdrive pulleys, exhaust, and gears.:D
naw u should have an idea of what your plans are.

say he goes with 4:30 gears, and underdrives.

then he goes forced induction and needs a gear change and has to throw the pullies out.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You could get an aftermarket mid-pipe and cat-back exhaust and pick up maybe 10rwhp.

You could get steeper gears and get better acceleration.

You could get better rear tires and then you'll get some much needed traction.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
im gonna get a SCT hand held tuner as my next mod. supposedly more hp tourqe and better gas mileage.

for now tho U/D pullies isnt a bad mod free up some extra hp, steeda makes some good pullies.

+1 on the gears and exhaust

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
im gonna get a SCT hand held tuner as my next mod. supposedly more hp tourqe and better gas mileage.

for now tho U/D pullies isnt a bad mod free up some extra hp, steeda makes some good pullies.

+1 on the gears and exhaust
Need the tuner! I did all the bolt ons and the only one that made me really smile was the tuner.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
^^^ thats wat i hear. cant wait to get one

wat octane r u using andrew?

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
How much money do you have to spend/want to spend to start with, and just like scott said what are you plans. No use in blowing $200 for some underdrive pullies that you may have to take off later on down the road and resell for half of that because you want a supercharger.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
yeh if ur planin gettin a supercharger then dont get the pullies.

i would say tune first, then Headers mid-pipe catback second. opening up the exhaust will not only make ur car sound like a beast but it wll also free up some extra ponies

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
gears,tune,full exhaust(mac) springs,subframes ,lca's,alum driveshaft,etc it up to you its your car do what you think you will like more.and what money you have to spend

·
Registered
26 Posts
so i dunno what i should do next on my 01 gt.. i have only put a mac cold air intake..75mm throttle body and pelnum.. but i am now stuck on what i wanna do next any got a suggestion on the best route

Seeing how you are from San Deigo are you going to play with it in the city or are you going for high speed out in the desert??

In either case, catback system, tuner and maybe a mid-pipe if the kali nazis don't get you.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
please don't tell me you just prefer nos because you watched fast and the furious too many times...

lol, zex is a great brand

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
mid pipe is a great next mod as well as a catback. Mainly because they are affordable and can be installed in the driveway. The only reason I haven't bought gears yet is because it's harder to find a friend or someone I know to install them for little to know money. One of those things you usually end up paying to get installed because nobody knows how. Even the guy helping with my cam install said he doesn't mess with gears :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts