Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i was wondering what you guys think i should do next to cut my 1/4 times down. I already have a set of DR's that i have yet to run with the nitrous. My fastest time with a 100 shot on street tires was a 12.7 at 110mph with a 2.0 60 foot. What would you guys recommend doing next? Another question is what intake manifold and throttle body do you guys recommend? c&l or frpp? And what kind of gains would i be likely to see? I am also ordering kooks long tubes within the next few weeks. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
well you have the cams and intake next, you should think about heads..

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have an intake manifold yet. But im not sure i want to drop the kinda money that heads are. Atleast not at this point.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Suspension mods such as LCA's, UCA's, shocks/struts, sway bars. Maybe a WOT box I heard they lower ET's pretty well.

wotbox - www2

WWW.S197FORUM.COM
+1 on the suspension mods like LCA's, UCA's shocks/struts, sway bars, also like said already Aluminum driveshaft, and some weight saving mods.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the fast reply's guys. I was also thinking the one piece driveshaft. Anyone recommend a certain brand? Also this my sounds dumb but what do LCA's and UCA's do exactly. Im new to the whole suspension mods. Thanks guys

·
Registered
481 Posts
Aftermarket control arms (lca's and uca) will stiffen up your suspension and help your 60' times quite a bit. The factory control arms are made of stamped steel and really just made for comfort and not performance. In a nutshell, the new control arms will take most of the slop out of the rear suspension.

If you are lowered, you should have an adjustable upper control arm for sure - you need to reset the pinion angle and that's done by adjusting the UCA. That helps keep the differential lined up correctly on hard launches. You don't need adjustable LCA's but they don't hurt anything and can come in handy.

Also, the panhard rod and brace should be upgraded, too. That runs from one side of the car to the other right behind the rear axle.

I have a Dynotech aluminum driveshaft and highly recommend them but there are other good options, too. For suspension stuff, I use CHE but BMR is excellent as well.

Thanks for the fast reply's guys. I was also thinking the one piece driveshaft. Anyone recommend a certain brand? Also this my sounds dumb but what do LCA's and UCA's do exactly. Im new to the whole suspension mods. Thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts