Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is YSI vortec or Twins

I can get Hitechs stage 2's for 400 bucks but cant afford install for awhile.

Should I do all my suspenion and chissis stiffening with a re-build and 31 spline rear-end to get ready for the power?

Or do the cams and be under 300rwhp still?

Or buy the cams and do suspenion and wait till me tax return to get them installed?

Thanks for the help!

Scott

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Dont buy the cams what would be the point your not going to be able to use N/A cams with twins or a ysi.. If those are your plans build the rear trans and suspension.. Then start building the motor so you actually use the ysi or twins to the potential..

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya and suspenion with a part time is a lot easier!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the things is some stuff are ok with coil overs and some aren't...i don't want to replace later on if I go coilovers later down the road....

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
or is that over kill? WOuld just Bilstein shocks and struts with H&R springs with MM caster cambers be better?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
What are your intentions for the car?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
then after that lower/upper control arms, subframes, and ther other goodies BEFORE then k member kit....

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
either YSI or Twins 67 mm.....650to 750 rwhp. 10 sec. weekend warroir. I got the engine **** figured out. Just trying to be smart and plan ahead. So somewhat cheaper stuff now with a part time job and when I get more hours or full time job then do the big stuff. I will be the slowest of my friends if I go suspension first but got will I own the back roads!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
with a auto manual valve body

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i figure be slower but have suspension out of the way also chissis stiffening.

Then go with the power with a better job with more income. I am a full time college student as well.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Get your car ready for the power, ive allways been slower then my friends until this new GT with spray its a monster

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get your car ready for the power, ive allways been slower then my friends until this new GT with spray its a monster
ya I am not the fastest now anyway so I figure whatever y don't money into cams when I will still be ran my stock cars....i don't dig that.

Full Bilstien coilover to come!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya there is a custom guy around here that does full length connectors for 200 bucks welded

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Dont buy the cams what would be the point your not going to be able to use N/A cams with twins or a ysi.. If those are your plans build the rear trans and suspension.. Then start building the motor so you actually use the ysi or twins to the potential..
What you mean? So your saying he'd make more horsepower with stock cams and a supercharger than he would with the hitechs stage 2's and a supercharger

1 - 20 of 27 Posts