Modded Mustang Forums banner

what to do next?

1K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  Scott2001GT 
#1 ·
My goal is YSI vortec or Twins

I can get Hitechs stage 2's for 400 bucks but cant afford install for awhile.

Should I do all my suspenion and chissis stiffening with a re-build and 31 spline rear-end to get ready for the power?

Or do the cams and be under 300rwhp still?

Or buy the cams and do suspenion and wait till me tax return to get them installed?

Thanks for the help!

Scott

#2 ·
Dont buy the cams what would be the point your not going to be able to use N/A cams with twins or a ysi.. If those are your plans build the rear trans and suspension.. Then start building the motor so you actually use the ysi or twins to the potential..

#20 ·
What you mean? So your saying he'd make more horsepower with stock cams and a supercharger than he would with the hitechs stage 2's and a supercharger

#4 ·
the things is some stuff are ok with coil overs and some aren't...i don't want to replace later on if I go coilovers later down the road....

#10 ·
either YSI or Twins 67 mm.....650to 750 rwhp. 10 sec. weekend warroir. I got the engine **** figured out. Just trying to be smart and plan ahead. So somewhat cheaper stuff now with a part time job and when I get more hours or full time job then do the big stuff. I will be the slowest of my friends if I go suspension first but got will I own the back roads!

#12 ·
i figure be slower but have suspension out of the way also chissis stiffening.

Then go with the power with a better job with more income. I am a full time college student as well.

#15 ·
Get your car ready for the power, ive allways been slower then my friends until this new GT with spray its a monster

#17 ·
ya I am not the fastest now anyway so I figure whatever y don't money into cams when I will still be ran my stock cars....i don't dig that.

Full Bilstien coilover to come!

#21 ·
well.....blower cams would be better. hitechs stage 2 with twins or ysi i'll choke to motor with the psi.

I am getting stoked about there coilovers!

#23 ·
Well not to hijack his thread...but say later on after I get hitech stage 2's and I install a say vortech s-trim...will my stage 2's be worthless? And what if I run blower cams minus a blower? Gonna hurt me? I also plan on getting the trickflow heads

#25 ·
guess ill just run the hitechs being im not sure whether i wanna boost or not...boosting wouldbe my last thing i do to this car as far as my engine goes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.