Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im alil bit confused on what direction to go with my car. currently for mods my car has, off road prochamber, magnapacks, 4.10s, JLT, steeda triax, diablosport. suspension wise i have eibach front drag springs with a coil cut, strange 10ways, stock gt rear springs with a coil cut. on street tires, n/a the car has gone a best of [email protected] with a 2.0 60', on a 125 shot, its gone [email protected] with a 1.96 60'. Ive sold the nitrous stuff and im back to all motor and i need to do something lol. i currently have about 1500 to spend, and dont really wanna go much more than that if i dont have it. id like be back in the mid 12s all motor ... im guessing long tubes/cams are my best mods to do next, but what does everyone else think. i guess i should have kept my nitrous stuff lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
:eek: whats the elev. at your track?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you need to re think a few thing's then 'cause a bone stock new edge stick will run those #'s here (1200 ft). I'd have to agree that tire's/ susp. should come first, that way you can launch harder & take advantage of the mods you do have.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you need to re think a few thing's then 'cause a bone stock new edge stick will run those #'s here (1200 ft). I'd have to agree that tire's/ susp. should come first, that way you can launch harder & take advantage of the mods you do have.
yeah thats the other thought i had. i only made one pass with the nitrous so i know for sure there was way more left in it. i just change my mind and sell things way 2 fast lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
nothing wrong with selling a nitrous kit (they'll just get you in trouble in the long run). I'd do susp & either bias ply DOT tire's or full slick's (no d/r's on a stick if your at all serious). try leaving a little harder also.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nothing wrong with selling a nitrous kit (they'll just get you in trouble in the long run). I'd do susp & either bias ply DOT tire's or full slick's (no d/r's on a stick if your at all serious). try leaving a little harder also.
i think your right and thanks for helping me head in the right direction. im thinking tub k member, coil overs, rear upper and lower arms, strange 10 way shocks, and sfc's. then maybe closer to the spring time i can add alil more power.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
90 feet above sea level
wow, where's that track???

headers, cams, and headwork would be good choices as far as adding power. i would look into a set of stickies so you can plant that power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts