Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since no one is answering my questions in the projects section I'm making another thread.

the car currently has the stock 7.5 rear end. I want to install my suspension

Lowering Springs
new shocks/struts
bump steer
LCA
CC plates

but i dont know if i should wait until i get the new cobra rotors and the proper gear in my 8.8 to do all of this or would it be just as easy to do it all now then swap the 8.8 in like another 2 weeks? Or should i wait until the rear end is ready and then do it all?

Im also going to run stock upper control arms for now (is that going to be ok?) and the lowers are maximum motorsports xtreeme duty adjustable with whatever bushings come from mm when you buy them.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
I'd wait. I'm probably one of the only ones who takes of the brakes on the front when I do a suspension install though. You are going to be undoing all of the rear anyways so you might as well just save the time and the headache, by waiting to knock it all out at once.

Also make sure that you get new fasteners.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I'd wait. I'm probably one of the only ones who takes of the brakes on the front when I do a suspension install though. You are going to be undoing all of the rear anyways so you might as well just save the time and the headache, by waiting to knock it all out at once.

Also make sure that you get new fasteners.
+1. I take my brakes off as well. It just makes it so much easier with all the extra room and it's not like the brakes are overly difficult to remove or put back on :dunno

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the brakes wouldnt be an issue at all.

I think im going to install it all this week then swap the rear end in a couple more weeks. A rear end swap looks pretty simple I dont think that any of the stuff im going to install would have to be un bolted from the car again to install the new rear.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Rear lowers? Most the stuff is front anyways.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Yeah I'm the same way lol.
I hate not having a garage at school I have a ton of stuff needing to be installed and nowhere to do it. :(

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
cut springsssss

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cut springsssss
already have some eibachs

anyways

tomorrow i am waking up early and driving to the part store to use up some gas and get a fuel line disconnect tool.

then im coming home and installing the SVT Focus pump, new fuel filter, mach sail panels and glass, my new glove box (someone broke in and destroyed mine), sequential tail lights, maybe my hood shocks, fixing my exhaust leak. and im going to make a CD delete din for my wideband and boost gauges.

and i might get to some suspension tomorrow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts