Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 ford mustang v6 , satin silver and I havent done anything to it, I would like to make some changes to it. Exterior and Interior changes $500 and less

Any good suggestions? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
64 Posts
wouldn't worry about appearance until you've added a bit of performance! CAI and tuner would run ya about $500.

for looks I'm a fan of fog lights, billet grill, wider/low profile tires :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
yea jlt cai and tune from american muscle youll love driving your car. you could do the visual stuff after. but some popular visual upgrades vary some of my favorites are tints, louvers, taillight tint or covers, spoiler if you dont have one, and hids are all good upgrades theres endless possibilites for visual upgrades. It depends on what you like

Btw post pics of your carr

·
Registered
597 Posts
Best bang for the buck is definitely JLT CAI & SCT Custom Tuner from AmericanMuscle.com.$554.99 includes shipping

Later I would recommend dual exhaust from NewTakeoff.com will give you better sound and MUCH Better exterior appearance. $299 + Shipping

Window Tint will run you around $150-200 makes a nice difference to comfort and appearance.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
1: Cut a hole in your hood.

2: Get a supercharger.

3: Magic.

4: You have a sweet supercharger coming through your hood.

·
Registered
316 Posts
yeaa catback dual exhaust is a 3 in one sounds looks performance thats why it was my first major project how the hell could i have forgot that

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
1: Cut a hole in your hood.

2: Get a supercharger.

3: Magic.

4: You have a sweet supercharger coming through your hood.
+1 :lmao yeah buddy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best bang for the buck is definitely JLT CAI & SCT Custom Tuner from AmericanMuscle.com.$554.99 includes shipping

Later I would recommend dual exhaust from NewTakeoff.com will give you better sound and MUCH Better exterior appearance. $299 + Shipping

Window Tint will run you around $150-200 makes a nice difference to comfort and appearance.
+1. JLT CAI, 93 race tune and dual exhaust has me running consistent 14.4s in the 1/4 mile

·
Registered
597 Posts
I can vouch for Alex (Darknightv6) iv'e seen it with my own 2 eyes, which is exactly the reason I bought the same for my car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Deffinately start with the JLT CAI and tune after that once some cash comes ur way look into pypes true dual exhaust those are two solid mods that with have ur car moving fast and sounding good and the dual exhaust looks sweet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
damn didn't realize dual exhaust would make THAT much difference in times...with just JLT and 93 oct. race tune I'm only running 14.8's...still beating stock v6's and old model stock v8's :) though I still need practice launching, that can help too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Deffinately start with the JLT CAI and tune after that once some cash comes ur way look into pypes true dual exhaust those are two solid mods that with have ur car moving fast and sounding good and the dual exhaust looks sweet.
+1 I agree, definitely two mods you cant go without.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cold Air Intake and A tuner are what most people get first which is around $500, but you could also get exhaust for under 500, lowering springs for about $250, and about $450 for the springs and install altogether, then 4.10 or 3.73 gears are about $125 and i think around $450 for install. I wish I had some money to get these things lol. I am stuck with just a BBK tuner as of now. working on a tuner next then hopefully lowering my baby.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the trak lok, and 3.73s from my car for $100. I went up to 4.10s and a tru trac. I think they originally came out of a ranger, they work fine. Shipping would depend on zip, but iirc I paid like $45. I put like 10k on them in my car, including a couple of track days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
for looks window louvers and stripes are boss man! also put more money on performance than looks or else its rice to me. Get a cai and sct tuner and dual exhaust! you will be happy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts