Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, This is my first post to this website and a little information about my car is a 92 5.0 Mustang 5 speed foxbody all stock but i have flowmaster american thunder cat back exhaust.. well anyways.. I have done a lot of research and I am on a budget.. But I cant decide on which to get for my next mod to my 5.0 as far as HP goes.

Mods i have looked at:
3.73 gears (everyone says dont fear the gear but they dont add HP only feels like it..)
Cold Air intake(looking @ AEM or K&N)
Heads (not sure..)
intake manifold (not sure)
Headers( Ford Racing shorty ceramic coated headers.. more on the expensive side.. would really like to wait for headers when the $$ is right)

If there is anything that I have not looked at and is better or another option then what i have listed feel free to tell me..
Thanks.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Hey everyone, This is my first post to this website and a little information about my car is a 92 5.0 Mustang 5 speed foxbody all stock but i have flowmaster american thunder cat back exhaust.. well anyways.. I have done a lot of research and I am on a budget.. But I cant decide on which to get for my next mod to my 5.0 as far as HP goes.

Mods i have looked at:
3.73 gears (everyone says dont fear the gear but they dont add HP only feels like it..)
Cold Air intake(looking @ AEM or K&N)
Heads (not sure..)
intake manifold (not sure)
Headers( Ford Racing shorty ceramic coated headers.. more on the expensive side.. would really like to wait for headers when the $$ is right)

If there is anything that I have not looked at and is better or another option then what i have listed feel free to tell me..
Thanks.
Those are all good options.
You should add subframe conectors in there to
Heads: Trick flow, Or AFR
Intake: Trick flow,Holley systemax,edelbrock, Or if your really on a budget go with a explorer GT40, there are other option though.

Try and get this stuff used, you will save alot

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Oh ya if you do any real upgrades to your engine add a new 255lph fuel pump on to that list, there about $100.

The stock pump is barely adequate for the stock set up

·
Registered
659 Posts
try americanmuscle.com for your cold air intake. They got one pretty cheap on there and is just as good as a bbk/k&N.
Post some pics of ur ride. I too just purchased the same car as u with same upgrades haha....weird.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts