Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 mustang gt, stock motor, hypertech tuner, k&n cai, and flowmasters. Should i do pi head swap and blower or nitrous? I found a really good used vortech v1 with pretty much everything for 1200. What do you all think I should do? I want 400 rwhp either with a blower or nitrous. If i go heads and nitrous ill also go with comp 270's.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You are going to need more than pi heads 270's and a vortec to get there. I would recommend the nitrious with the pi heads the 270's and a pi intake. With some suspension and drive line mods you might make it, but you would need a pretty big shot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by pi heads i meant full pi swap. I had planned if I did nitrous to go with a zex 125 wet kit. This will be my dd so I'm kind of leanin towards the nitrous anyway. I also will be getting it dyno tuned after the swap and power adder is done. What kind of power numbers do you think I could expect with the pi swap and 125 wet kit vs the pi swap and vortech?

·
Registered
149 Posts
i put down 278 rwhp/295 rwtq with a PI Head swap (stock PI cams and full bolt ons dyno tuned)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I think i'm going to do the pi head/intake and comp 270's with a 125 wet kit and get it tuned. That should put me right at 400 rwhp. Right?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
you will be just under 400rwhp

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
i have done ALOT of fooling around with my car since i got it. if i had it to do all over again, i would have kept my PI 2v and just got a blower. would have saved me alot of time/money/hassle.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
slap a blower and intercooler on it and call it a day

·
Registered
187 Posts
blower and intercooler or a 4v swap

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, So what type of blower? Vortech, procharger, I know kenne bell is nice but i only payed 3300 for the car haha, so I dont really want to spend more than that for upgrades. And how much boost should I run? Or does it even matter as long as you dont put out much more than 400 rwhp? I know the 2v internals are good to 450 but I wouldn't want but about 425 max to be safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts