Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a 2001 dash into my 2000 stand for my double din. Right now the traction control, fog light, and rear defrost are blacked out. I'll end up using the fog lights when I install them but was thinking about making the other two slots useful. Any ideas on what to do with them?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Could always have the blanks modified to house a USB and/or aux port. Did it on my Bullitt, looked nice and made docking the iPod easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My IPhone already plugs into my head unit. I guess I could install a second one if someone wanted to charge theirs at the same time? Seems redundant though.

Can you install switches there to run accent or underbody lights?

What the hell else would a person even use a switch for? I can't even think of something...

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
My IPhone already plugs into my head unit. I guess I could install a second one if someone wanted to charge theirs at the same time? Seems redundant though.

Can you install switches there to run accent or underbody lights?

What the hell else would a person even use a switch for? I can't even think of something...
:facepalm:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nos!!!! Or a seat massager switch

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I don't think you'll need a switch for under body lights. Hopefully. And as for accent lights, just tap the dome light wires.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
39 Posts
I actually rewired my foglight switch from the 99 style to the 01 style. It was easy as long as your have the 01 dash wiring harness and 01 foglight button. havent used th defrost button or traction control button, but they could be used for nitrous on and off, or line lock or something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts