Modded Mustang Forums banner

what to do?

478 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Drgnracin72 
#1 ·
im going to get some gears put in on an 03 GT and i wanted to help beef up the rearend some. i had a 97 GT and busted the posi on it twice. kinda afraid to jump on the car with fear of breaking the rearend. its a daily driver with some weekend racing every blue moon or so. ive heard of some people launching at 6k rpm with drag radials on their stock rearends. so confused, HELP please!!

#3 ·
Stock rearend is pretty good. If you wanna keep the t-loc there is an upgrade kit that beefs up the clutches in it. As for beefing up the rearend with axles and all, get a 31 spline t-loc and some 31 spline axles that should do the trick for what you are doing. Ford explorer 4wd has 31 spline t-locs in the back. Not sure what other vehicles have the 31.

#7 ·
that sounds like a pretty good price. what would you do now that you bought that. use the parts out of it?

#9 ·
moser 30 mspline c clip axles is what i run, i also run a 31 spline diff from the exploder, and i launch at 7000 all the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.