• I have no F'n clue

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure why I post this crap in here, because the only thing "mustang" about what I'm doing is power train, but I just like the 99-04 section. It's where I started, and I like the feedback I get.

So here it is. Any of you who've followed any of my recent posts know that I'm working on a rat rod project. That's a long way from hitting the road no matter what route I take. Since I've recently purchased my stepson an 04 Mustang V6, the 94 Toyota pickup that he's been driving has one of two fates. 1. I sell it. 2. I keep it, gut it, and cram a few extra cylinders in it.

Waddya think? I think it'd be sweet to jam a mod motor in it, but I'm not sure if there's room for a 4V between the fenders. Really only one way to find out.

In case you're wondering, the 'Yota is a 2WD regular cab 4 cylinder 5 speed base model, no frills truck. The body is surprisingly straight and rust free.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Well the T will at least be fun and have some potential. The yota is pretty dull even with an engine swap. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Plus people pay outrageous prices for Toyota pickups, way overvalued IMO.

...although if you were to swap the Toyota my vote is 4BT, or maybe some industrial engine like a Duetz, QSB3.3, or if you can get your hands on one, an ISF. Video: Clean 3.8L IFS Cummins Conversion Looks Factory - Diesel Army

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
Continue to slowly work on the Model T.

The yota though... just brainstorming. A 4v 4.6L shares about the same external dimensions as an old school 460 big block. So if size is a consideration, I'd shoehorn a 545ci stroker BBF with a Dyers 10-71 blower, twin QFT 850 carbs jetted for E85, TFS A460 heads, 10.5-11.0 compression, custom Straub blower cam, Bruder C6, 9" rear w/ 4 link, 28 x 10.5 slicks, and a 25.5 cage.

...that's just me though.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Continue to slowly work on the Model T.

The yota though... just brainstorming. A 4v 4.6L shares about the same external dimensions as an old school 460 big block. So if size is a consideration, I'd shoehorn a 545ci stroker BBF with a Dyers 10-71 blower, twin QFT 850 carbs jetted for E85, TFS A460 heads, 10.5-11.0 compression, custom Straub blower cam, Bruder C6, 9" rear w/ 4 link, 28 x 10.5 slicks, and a 25.5 cage.

...that's just me though.
...because who doesn't have $25k just sitting around doing nothing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts