Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup fellow coyote owners. I have a 2012 gt auto with following mods jlt cold air, upr off-road x, 4.10s, bama tune and Mickey thompson et streets. I'm hoping for 11.90 or lower what do you guys think??? Oh yeah lower control arms and drag shocks too.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
the 4.10s are gonna be your killer. 11s should be doable but you are going to top out 4th and be in 5th gear which is going to hurt your mph.

roll into the throttle and hang on!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your on ET streets! Start out at 11psi cold. Do a nice burn out and when the lights come down floor it as hard as you can!

If it spins drop hot psi in 1 pound increments until you get the best 60foot. A hair of spinning upon launch is good.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Sup fellow coyote owners. I have a 2012 gt auto with following mods jlt cold air, upr off-road x, 4.10s, bama tune and Mickey thompson et streets. I'm hoping for 11.90 or lower what do you guys think??? Oh yeah lower control arms and drag shocks too.
Welcome to Modded Coolwater! It sounds like you definitely have a sick 12' GT. With CAI, Tune, O/R X, 4.10's and a Radial in an Auto, you're definitely headed for the 11's with a good launch.

Keep the tire pressure low, do a nice 3-5sec burnout and hold on!

Post up some pics of your time slip when you get back! Remember to always have fun, the track is a blast. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
Let me know how it turns out

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
as long as the tune is agressive enough, you shouldn't have a problem with 11's.

my car has pretty simular mods along with 4.10's & it's been 11.71

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the 4.10s are gonna be your killer. 11s should be doable but you are going to top out 4th and be in 5th gear which is going to hurt your mph.

roll into the throttle and hang on!
4.10's are perfect for these cars IMO, you'll shift around 7k & go across in 4th at aprox 7k plus you can get a decent 60' because of the mechanical advantage of the gears.

these transmissions can't go into 5th or 6th at wot, they are hydraulicly locked out at wot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4.10's are perfect for these cars IMO, you'll shift around 7k & go across in 4th at aprox 7k plus you can get a decent 60' because of the mechanical advantage of the gears.

these transmissions can't go into 5th or 6th at wot, they are hydraulicly locked out at wot.
Thanks for all the feedback glad to hear the times your car is turning has me feeling real good about my mods. I have a 93 bama race tune so I hope its aggressive enough. The only problem I have is my car keeps hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2 and 3-4 shift. Americanmuscle has sent me numerous revisions and are very helpful but for some reason it just doesn't want to do right. I guess I'm gonna have to load her up and go to Jmschip and see if they can straighten it out on an actual dyno.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback glad to hear the times your car is turning has me feeling real good about my mods. I have a 93 bama race tune so I hope its aggressive enough. The only problem I have is my car keeps hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2 and 3-4 shift. Americanmuscle has sent me numerous revisions and are very helpful but for some reason it just doesn't want to do right. I guess I'm gonna have to load her up and go to Jmschip and see if they can straighten it out on an actual dyno.
I'm not shure what to tell you there, I'm tuned by BAMA currently & thats what I ran my .71 on.

Monty is an option though if your local.

·
Registered
371 Posts
okay mines a m6 and im wandering bc ive been told that 5 gear is overdrive and 6th is double overdrive??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not shure what to tell you there, I'm tuned by BAMA currently & thats what I ran my .71 on.

Monty is an option though if your local.
I'm like 3hrs away from Monty I actually am very pleased with Bama its just hard to describe what the cars doing over the phone and it doesn't seem to do it all the time. I've heard that it could possibly be my cold air but I don't know exactly what it is.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to Modded Coolwater! It sounds like you definitely have a sick 12' GT. With CAI, Tune, O/R X, 4.10's and a Radial in an Auto, you're definitely headed for the 11's with a good launch.

Keep the tire pressure low, do a nice 3-5sec burnout and hold on!

Post up some pics of your time slip when you get back! Remember to always have fun, the track is a blast. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Thanks Dan. I have a question I got my tuner through Americanmuscle and am very pleased with it and customer service, but for some reason my car keeps hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2 and 3-4 shift. Bama has been very helpful trying to figure it out for me but for some reason we can't seem to get it straightened out. Any suggestions on if I should keep trying revisions or take the car to an actual dyno.

·
good with the steel.
244 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well got a new tune from Bama today hadn't had a chance to try it but the rep told me they have done some revisions to their tunes so hopefully it gets it this time

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well tried the new tune out today definitely better but still bouncing off rev limiter on 3-4 shift. I did see when I got ready to start the tune it asked did I want to adjust anything so hopefully when I get a Lil freetime I can try to figure it out

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far very impressed with my new Bama tune and its newest features. It allows you to make little personal tweaks to certain areas would should help everyone tailor it to their car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts