Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99-04 Mustang gt Longtube Headers 2v
Like the ad says, the guy wants $150 for used Mac LT headers. I asked if they were the ceramic coated ones or not, and he responded that they have a satin grey finish from the factory. Also said he bought them and sold the car before he installed them...So basically it sounds like they're not the ceramic coated ones. Anyway, what do you guys think? If I end up going to look at them, what should I look for?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
if they have individual flanges make sure it looks like they are all still in a straight line, if they have been ran before they can be a real pain to line up right. other than that just look for obvious cracks and if nothing then give him the money and go.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Just called the guy and bought them sight unseen. He's shipping them to me tomorrow. Too slow true

I'm just ****ing with you. Check them for dents, scratches, cracks especially at the welds, and take a straight edge with you make sure the ports aren't warped.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Just called the guy and bought them sight unseen. He's shipping them to me tomorrow. Too slow true

I'm just ****ing with you. Check them for dents, scratches, cracks especially at the welds, and take a straight edge with you make sure the ports aren't warped.
lolman i was gonna say thats hella messed up, had me fooled till i scrolled down lol, but like he said take a straight edge its ur best bet to see if they good or not

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

bro I was so mad lmao I was cursing you out, hoping you got broken headers hahaha. thanks for the suggestions man

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Make sure u take all the cursing back. Don't need any voodoo magic comin my way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts