Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oo gt auto ,is it the t 3650 or what,an do i need to have the filter changed when i change the fluids

·
Registered
638 Posts
nope, you have the t-45, and share this tranny with the 96-98 cobra's and 99-01 GT's. Not sure what the 99 and 01 cobra's have.
And there is no filter :cool:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my local parts store said i had a 4r70w,an that mone has a filter,is this for the 6 banger or something

·
Registered
638 Posts
I picked up a gallon of ATF from the parts store for under 10 bucks. I had a little left over, so I would say between 3-4 quarts. There are numerous brands you can use, thats up to you.

·
Registered
638 Posts
:dunno ive never heard of a transmission filter, and i sure as hell didn't change one when i installed and reinstalled my new (used) transmission

·
Registered
92 Posts
:dunno ive never heard of a transmission filter, and i sure as hell didn't change one when i installed and reinstalled my new (used) transmission
Transmission filter is located inside the transmission fluid pan (shiny thing on the bottom of the Tranny with the bolts on it)....LOL:eek:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
my local parts store said i had a 4r70w,an that mone has a filter,is this for the 6 banger or something
No, silver=:eek:

jk:D

Your parts store was right

·
Registered
189 Posts
yes autos are the 4r70w

·
Registered
92 Posts
your transmission is a 4R70W

it will hold 12.8 Quarts Maximum
4-6 quarts I believe to fill it on a change

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
your transmission is a 4R70W

it will hold 12.8 Quarts Maximum
4-6 quarts I believe to fill it on a change

+1 on the 4r70w. Thats the auto in yours. In 03 they went to the 4r75w. before the 4r70w was the AODE. Yes do the filter. It can be a messy job. But a little trick is to loosen all the pan bolts one right in the middle of the pan on the back side. Slide the drain pan under it a little to front. slowly loosen the last one. The further you loosen it the more the fluid will drain. Wear a short sleeve or muscle shirt cuz I promise it'll go down your arm:D

·
Registered
575 Posts
why your in there change you valve body. get one with the j mod done.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whats a good oil to use,that a local parts store would have,do i need a certain type like mercon/dexron or atf+3 or 4,

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whats a good oil to use,that a local parts store would have,do i need a certain type like mercon/dexron or atf+3 or 4,

1 - 20 of 42 Posts