Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Street Tune with Bama I believe is the most efficient besides a custom made one.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I personally don't have any with my vehicle but ones like it with similar mods on that tune get 22+ mpg.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My Diablo canned 87 Octane tune gave me a decent boost in mpg's. Even with it still fairly cold and a few WOT 1-2 shifts to test out shift points I was able to get around 18.5 mpg with 50% City / 25% Highway and 25% Highway Traffic. Lol Pretty much all highway I can get around 25.

Stock tune I usually got about just under or at 17 mpg with the same cycle in warmer weather.

In my experience as long as you're easy on the gas most custom tunes can give you an increase in fuel mileage, especially if you have an Auto.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just wondering because i dont need power all the time, but i would like some nice gas milage. this racing tune is on may gas like Opera on a ham sanmich.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Around here, 89 Octane is E10, whereas 87 Octane is straight unleaded without any Ethanol. You will get better MPG from straight Unleaded.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
just wondering because i dont need power all the time, but i would like some nice gas milage. this racing tune is on may gas like Opera on a ham sanmich.
you have a v8...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Call up Breenspeed for a 87 tune, I gave them my mods and said I wanted a gas saver 87 tune and I got 34 mpgs on the interstate with that tune

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Call up Breenspeed for a 87 tune, I gave them my mods and said I wanted a gas saver 87 tune and I got 34 mpgs on the interstate with that tune
thanks man.

i see how some of yall are like "dont get a v8 if you want to save gas" but sometimes... you know... when your only 20 and not rich.... and cant buy another car to just drive around.... you try to make the best of what you have.:no

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Any of the Bama Street or Performance tunes are built with economy in mind. We've had people report 1-3MPG increases depending on what Year/Make/Model Mustang. Also this depends on your driving habits, before and after. If you utilize all of that new power, you're going to burn through a tank alot quicker. If you drive the same way before and after the tune, you'll notice a nice little increase.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Typically Ford modular engines will report better fuel economy with 87 octane tunes, as the lower octane fuel will increase the flame front velocity through the combustion cylinders.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
thanks man.

i see how some of yall are like "dont get a v8 if you want to save gas" but sometimes... you know... when your only 20 and not rich.... and cant buy another car to just drive around.... you try to make the best of what you have.:no
you can have a v8 and still get decent gas mileage. It depends on your driving habits/foot too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts