Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, well, i have the Vortec at 10PSI at 6,000 RPM running 478RWHP and 403LB TQ. currently running the stock vortec pully and belt with a BAP.
i know the BAP is about maxed out as well as injectors. so, other than fuel, what other upgrades do i need to up the boost. i know smaller pullies and higher ribbed belt. but i, looking for engine mods to support 600HP.thanks in advanced

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
While building the block I'd up the compression a bit from stock.

Biggest thing is to get the fuel system right, after that worry about 8-rib and such. I would go with 80lbs injectors to have room and adequate fuel pumps. You'll need to get rid of the 4.10's as well. Have an I/C in place? if not you'll need one. You already have a good amount of air flow so once you build the block you should see your goals easily.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Because with 600 HP you won't be able to drive the thing. Trust me, I know all about it. I have 3.73 now and stepping down to 3.55.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh, im not doubting you. i was just curious.
i dont know whether to go with forged internals or just get a shortblock. not sure which one is best for $ spent to HP gained. all i really want is to be able to max out the vortec

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I would just build that block, and also invest in a better oil pump since you'll be feeding the vortech as well. Melling would be a good choice.

600 is not out of the question, just get some Manley rods and Mahle pistons and you'll be good to go. The stock upper end is good for that amount of power and that vortec won't benefit from revving past 7000 anyway unless you go all out and look at intakes and other options, but 600 hp is plenty fun.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my vortec is self lubed. its not tapped nito the oil pan so would i still need the pump

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I would, is just safety. Although many people have a stock pump handling more power than that.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im tracking the fuel pump and injectors but billet gears?

by the way psycho, i posted picks for you int and old post with the painted steering wheel pieces

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
Because with 600 HP you won't be able to drive the thing. Trust me, I know all about it. I have 3.73 now and stepping down to 3.55.
I don't agree.

by the way psycho, i posted picks for you int and old post with the painted steering wheel pieces
With 600whp, you obviously need a forged bottom end. On top of that, you need 60lb injectors and GT500 pumps and around 16 lbs of boost.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts

feel free to just call me bob. i'll see if i can find the link for the gears. i did see the steering wheel. looks sick

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
I would def get 3.55 gears. Other than pistons, crank, and rods... electric water pump. Stick with 80# injectors.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
You'll need to convert to a blow off valve and a power pipe would help a lot. C&L intake manifold would gain easy power too. You will need the 2.87 pulley. I'd say the frpp aluminater block is the cheapest route.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts