Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...whats the best one out there...and whats the most common. some pics would be cool too.

since i have some future plans for the car. and ive already begun modding it. i thinnk an afr gauge is a good idea.. just for peace of mind with all the horror stories of bama tunes out there( im running the 91performance tune) but mine is running just fine so far.

ive been looking at the innovate lc-1

although i do not want to mount just one gauge. what are some other gauges beside boost obviously since im mostly stock still. id like to get a douple pillar pod or a triple dash from americanmuscle

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm in for the same question.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i have an autometer w/ a new sensor. it's very inaccurate compared to what it was on the dyno. eventually i plan on swapping to a better one

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. thanks for the input. ill stay away from autometer..hahahaha

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i don't think it's common to have it be so incorrect. most of the a/f gauges you can get for in your car are a little slow compared to the high dollar one that most dyno's use, but they aren't actually completely wrong like mine is.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no..surely they should be somewhat close to dyno readings. give or take .5 to .7 i'd say

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
PLX DM-200 | OBD2 OBDII Scan Gauge

I have this, you plug it into your OBDII port on your car and you can read check engine codes, and get all of the data that your OBDII sees for the most part but a word of cation, it is very very difficult to put in a pillar pod, It took me a month to do mine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the Innovate Wideband (3796) with the LC-1. It's pretty accurate and highly rated. There is an article where someone ran a test with several Widebands and it was ranked #1.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Autometer "Elite" series is what I went with. Probably not the most accurate, I was going to go with the LC-1 mentioned above as it is my understanding that Innovate is the best one out there. But I went with the Elite series for my 3 other guages and wanted some continuity in my interior. I like the lighting/display options and the other features of this line. I was going to go with the Nexus lineup but these seemed to have the key functions that I wanted without the central control module. Maybe not the best criteria for choosing a wideband but that was why I went this way. Mounted it right in the middle of the dash.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PLX DM-200 | OBD2 OBDII Scan Gauge

I have this, you plug it into your OBDII port on your car and you can read check engine codes, and get all of the data that your OBDII sees for the most part but a word of cation, it is very very difficult to put in a pillar pod, It took me a month to do mine.

yeah but that would be Pre- intake afr or something like that...its not measuring the exhaust afr . correct me if im wrong

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
I have the autometer cobalt and it SUCKS! It was good for awhile and very accurate, but six months later, it doesn't read right, and part of the digital display burned out. I bought an AEM to replace it with but haven't put it in yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had the Autometer Nexus for a couple of years and it's been very accurate when I've taken my car to my tuner for dyno. I use all Nexus gauges for continuity but if I had to replace my AFR I'd take a hard look at the Innovate.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
yeah but that would be Pre- intake afr or something like that...its not measuring the exhaust afr . correct me if im wrong
Ah....wut? How do you measure air fuel ratio before adding fuel to the air?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah....wut? How do you measure air fuel ratio before adding fuel to the air?[/QUOTE

Idk lol didnt make sense to me but i seen it on american muscle Reading about the gauges that are. $399.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah..i looked it up. I was looking into the aeroforce dual interceptor gauges and it said measure air flow rate into engine as one of the parameters. I skimed over it to fast the other day and thought it said air fuel ratio into engine lol

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I have the Innovate Wideband (3796) with the LC-1. It's pretty accurate and highly rated. There is an article where someone ran a test with several Widebands and it was ranked #1.
I have an Innovate G3 with an LC1 on my motorcycle; it constantly loses calibration. Not impressed overall. The thing that sucks the most is every time you want to re-calibrate, you have to remove the O2 sensor from the exhaust.

·
Registered
354 Posts
surprised no one has mentioned they have an aeroforce yet? those are supposed to be the cat's ass

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aeroforce interceptor? that i spoke of above lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts