Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm scheduled for my first dyno June 11th and I'm trying to get a realistic idea of what to expect. I bought my car from the dealership hosting the dyno day so I get 2 free pulls.

I'm relatively stock so I'm hoping to at least break 300 on both hp and torque, but I'm not sure if that's realistic.

Relevant info/mods that (might) affect the numbers are:

2007 GT
Manual 3.55 gears
BBK CAI
XCal3 Bama 93 Octane Race tune
Pypes H pipe with Pypes High Flow Cats welded in
MAC Boom Tubes
18x9 with 255/45/18 front
18x10 with 275/40/18 rear
EDIT: Will install newly purchased Steeda CMDP's and UDP's before dyno

Also what are some tricks for getting the best numbers? Should I get my engine real hot beforehand? Should I look for higher octane race fuel or anything?

·
Registered
514 Posts
When I had JLT CAI, 93 bama race tune and 4.10 gears I had 288hp 302tq. With your exhaust mods I would say slightly higher than those

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You sould be right around 300. No more then that though.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My next mod I was planning was a coil pack, maybe I'll try to get them before the dyno, that should be good for another 5rwhp I would hope.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Do you know what kind of dyno they use? This is going to effect the numbers.

I'm going to say 280 rwhp - 290 rwhp on a Dynojet SAE correction.

My next mod I was planning was a coil pack, maybe I'll try to get them before the dyno, that should be good for another 5rwhp I would hope.
No, the OEM COPs are the best COPs out there... There are cars running 900-1,000+ rwhp with the OEM COPs. The aftermarket COPs have horrible failure rates and you just don't gain anything from them. Although the MSD ones are pretty... :confused:

·
Registered
874 Posts
284whp @ 306tq ? Do I win a prize if I am right?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you know what kind of dyno they use? This is going to effect the numbers.

I'm going to say 280 rwhp - 290 rwhp on a Dynojet SAE correction.
This is from Axcelerated Motorsports web page, the company bringing the mobile dyno to the dealership...

"Our Dyno is a Dynojet 248H high inertia dyno. All Dynojet Dynos are supposed to be accurate to + or - 1%. If both tests were run on a Dynojet, one factor is ruled out. There is no way to correlate a Mustang Dyno a Dynocom, or any other dyno's result to a Dynojet. Some say to add or subtract a percentage but it is totally untrue."

No, the OEM COPs are the best COPs out there... There are cars running 900-1,000+ rwhp with the OEM COPs. The aftermarket COPs have horrible failure rates and you just don't gain anything from them. Although the MSD ones are pretty... :confused:
Hmmmm, damn. Any suggestions for a cheap/quick gain I can do beforehand. COP's would have been perfect since there is no labor. Why do I hear they will give a legit 5rwhp on an NA car? I hear so much frickin conflicting info everywhere I go. If they really don't do squat I'd rather put my money into the MGW shifter I want, and settle for being slow but sounding and shifting like a video game.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Are you capable of doing some work? Why not do some CMDPs and have Bama update the tune for you? CMDPs are good for 6 rwhp.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you capable of doing some work? Why not do some CMDPs and have Bama update the tune for you? CMDPs are good for 6 rwhp.
So you think delete plates are a better bang for the buck than COP's? Which delete plates do you suggest? I've only heard of the Steeda ones. The only thing about the installation of them that scares me is the sheer number of frickin steps. If you've done the installation, how hard would you say it would be for a novice mechanic? The only work I've done are oil changes, tranny fluid changes, diff oil changes, brake fluid flush etc.. I mean, is it one of those things where just being able to follow directions and having the proper tools is enough or do I need real advanced knowledge of everything on/around the engine? How long would you say the install takes?

Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
We're running about the same mods but I have the hot rod cams which are supposed to be about 20-30hp and im putting 307/305 hp/tq. I would say 280 is a good number to the wheels for you.

I would like to see what my car does with the Bama tune compared to the dyno tune. And damn it why do people insist on posting easy DIY mods when I have $$$ sitting around. I must save my money!

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Stock 07 Mustang is about 300 bhp - 15%=255rwhp.
My guess would be 28rwhp for the cai & tune +255 =283 rwhp

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Now that I'm thinking about this. I retract my previous figure. It's not going to be close to 290 rwhp unless there is something "up" with the dyno if you know what I mean. The BBK is a subpar CAI so my new numbers are 275-285 rwhp.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've seen an 07 with a cai, tune, and cat-back lay down 302rwhp 309rwtq on a mustang dyno. It all depends on just how good the tune is.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now that I'm thinking about this. I retract my previous figure. It's not going to be close to 290 rwhp unless there is something "up" with the dyno if you know what I mean. The BBK is a subpar CAI so my new numbers are 275-285 rwhp.
Revise again NastyStang. I'm apparently very easily influenced and impulsive. I just snagged a set of used Steeda CMDP's on ebay for $135 and will put them on before dyno day.

They look to be in excellent shape judging from the pics
Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates Mustang GT 2005-2009 | eBay

I know the JLT and C&L intakes get the best gains but do you really see the BBK CAI (on the car when I bought it) putting up 10 less hp than those other two? I was thinking (hoping) 3-5 less hp.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i'll say mid 290s... mine hit low 280s with nothing more than a JLT and a tune.

a quick and cheap gain would be nitrous

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
10 less is very possible. Design is everything when it comes to airflow.
I know this isn't too scientific, but when I got xCal3, the difference the tune made felt so drastic, I just figured the intake was doing it's job quite well. I haven't heard anything bad about the BBK intake other than their BS claim that it doesn't need a tune.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts