Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much rwhp do you guys think I'll make with my set up in the spring? I know it's still a couple months away but I wanted to see if you guys think I can reach my goal of 400whp with what I have. Cars a 5 speed.

This is everything that'll be on the car when I go to have it tuned
vortech v2-si
3.33 pulley
powerpipe
tial q bov
cx intercooler
78mm tb/p
slp lm1s
prochamber

Let me know what you guys think!

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think I really need the long tubes? I've been thinking about getting some but they're all expensive as hell and full exhaust with the lm1s usually doesn't sound very good.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Do you think I really need the long tubes? I've been thinking about getting some but they're all expensive as hell and full exhaust with the lm1s usually doesn't sound very good.
To be honest I have no idea what you're going to make, Lt's can only help though. Ive seen a few deals floating around

·
Registered
892 Posts
With a good tune, the V2 and the Power pipe, i think 400 is possible. Barely there, but possible. Either way it'll be fun as hell to drive!!

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
You might make 400rwhp, but I'd pick up some LT's then you most likely will be above 400rwhp.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Youll be real close to make 400 with a good tune. If you have the money Id go ahead and throw a set of blower cams in the car. Then you will make 400 with out a doubt.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With a good tune, the V2 and the Power pipe, i think 400 is possible. Barely there, but possible. Either way it'll be fun as hell to drive!!
I hope so! Hopefully the 4.10s help make it a fun street car too.

Youll be real close to make 400 with a good tune. If you have the money Id go ahead and throw a set of blower cams in the car. Then you will make 400 with out a doubt.

Unfortunately I can't afford blower cams :( thinking about getting some next year though. I think I can get long tubes but it'll set the tune back a little.

Anyone know if these are any good? I'd get the shorty mid pipe to go along with it.
PaceSetter Black Mustang Long Tube Headers (96-04 GT) 70-3230 - Free Shipping!
I know they aren't ceramic but I can't afford anything else. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
wouldnt be my first choice but they would be better than none.07boss on here swears by them,said hes had a few sets on different cars and never had an issue.shoot him a pm for the website he got them from,he got the coated headers with mid pipe for right around 500ish

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info butters I'll shoot him a pm hopefully I can pick some of those up. They wouldn't be my first choice either but it's hard to beat the price. I'll probably end up going with a new cat back after the tune so I want to save some money for that.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Don't need longtubes to make 400rwhp. It won't hurt, but definitely don't need them.

Only thing I would say, bring a 3.12 pulley with you too. Swapping a pulley will take 5 minutes. Both a 3.12 and 3.33 will work on a 107.5" belt, 3.12 would be better with a 107" belt, but it'll work for the time on the dyno for sure.

Just cause the cx intercoolers do have decent amounts of boost loss

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You are already running a prochamber. Long-tubes are expensive and won't help you much. You would be lucky to get an additional 5 rwhp with them over your current setup. You would be much better off just taking a 3.12" pulley with you.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
dont waste money on longtubes, with an si, 3.3 intercooled and a power pipe you'll have no issues hitting 400whp if your tuners worth a damn and will give it some timing. Your combo with 17-18*'s assuming you're on 93 and you'll be there.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I wouldn't do the longtubes. You'll gain maybe 15rwhp. Not worth it since you already have the blower on the car. With the 3.33 pulley and powerpipe through the intercooler you should make 10.0-10.5psi. What size belt do you have on that 3.33 pulley? The correct belt to use is a Gates K061075 (107.55"). I think you'll be very close to 400rwhp. My guess is in the 390's.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ I'm not positive on the belt size but I believe that's the one I have. Might be a dumb question but where can I pick up that 3.12 pulley?

Also as far as fuel pumps go which one would you go with? The two I'm looking into right now are the svt focus pump and the styker 340. Will I need a bap to go along with those?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Go with the stryker 340 pump. You wont need a bap for it. The svt focus pumps are real hit or miss. I got very lucky with mine and with a bap its maxed out a 498rwhp.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I can hook you up with blower cams, long tubes, mid pipe, cam bolts and gears! Pypes long tubes, SLP shorty x pipe and HP 292 blower cams, 750$ shipped for all!!

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
I hope so! Hopefully the 4.10s help make it a fun street car too.

Unfortunately I can't afford blower cams :( thinking about getting some next year though. I think I can get long tubes but it'll set the tune back a little.

Anyone know if these are any good? I'd get the shorty mid pipe to go along with it.
PaceSetter Black Mustang Long Tube Headers (96-04 GT) 70-3230 - Free Shipping!
I know they aren't ceramic but I can't afford anything else. Let me know what you guys think!
I had them on my v6 they're good

03cristian

1 - 20 of 114 Posts