Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Money market account; or possibly some stocks.

haha jk... sorta. Whats your goals? If your going for a panhard bar more is required than just the panhard bar im pretty sure.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Since you are a vert I would almost go with roll bar. I know at my track, a vert cant run unless it has a roll bar. dont know about the tracks by you tho

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since you are a vert I would almost go with roll bar. I know at my track, a vert cant run unless it has a roll bar. dont know about the tracks by you tho
im not lookin to go to tracks more just turns thats why i have the set up that i do.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Turns as in just around the street?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Money market account; or possibly some stocks.

haha jk... sorta. Whats your goals? If your going for a panhard bar more is required than just the panhard bar im pretty sure.
my goals are to make harder turns and i know that since i have a vert a roll bar would really stiffen up the car but would it be a better investment to get the panhard bar set up

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
You would probably need a 6pt if you want to go to track... and should if you are doing aggressive twisties anyways. just get the swing out door's.

Im pretty sure you would want to do the control arm while doing that. I think the panhard bar replaces one of the control arms, lower i believe, don't quote me on that though.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You would probably need a 6pt if you want to go to track... and should if you are doing aggressive twisties anyways. just get the swing out door's.

Im pretty sure you would want to do the control arm while doing that. I think the panhard bar replaces one of the control arms, lower i believe, don't quote me on that though.
yea i was thinking about the 6 point but for a DD it would be annoing to get in and out of and idk if my bride seats will fit with the bar there

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
They are both an equally good investment.

If you want better handling, then get the ph bar.

If you want more safety, get the roll bar. Your comparing apples to oranges.

Which one to get first... I'd go with the Roll Bar. Safety First, and they look HELLA COOL on a vert.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Unlike the Griggs panhard bar, the Maximum Motorsport panhard bar does not replace one of the upper control arms. But it has to be used with stock upper control arms. If your pushing the corners and don't like little sideways give in the rear end then you need to get the panhard bar.

While the roll bar would look good, I'm not sure the 4 point is NHRA legal.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
The 4 point is not legal. If you are faster than 13.49 you need a 6 point in a vert. Sucks. That is why my car will never see the track, unless it is 1/8 mile.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
You can't remove the upper control arms unless you install BOTH a panhard bar and a torque arm. Your upper control arms do two functions, one (lateral axle movement) is taken over by the panhard bar and the other (I think it's axle wind-up) is taken over by the torqe arm.

If you don't already have subframe connectors, you should get the roll cage. Do a six point though.

If you already have subframe connectors get the panhard bar since you already stiffened the chassis with the SFCs.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm not the expert. Jazzer is. But the link below is to Griggs Racing's panhard bar. It specifically says to remove one upper control arm for improved handling. You remove both upper control arms when you install the torque arm.

Griggs Racing Products

I thought that that would be true of all panhard bars but when I talked to MM tech support they specifically said not to remove an upper control arm. They also said that you had to have stock upper control arms.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.