Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i ran the car at the track on the spray with the traction control on? would i do any damage?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
are you drinking again? LOL

I've accidentally hit the traction control while spraying the car a few times. Nothing happend to me, maybe i'm lucky. BUT there is a chance there will be a big BOOM and one of those pretty new rods will be hanging out the side of your block or you won't have an intake left on the car. Not sure EXACTLY what would happen, but something along those lines. With all that nitrous and extra fuel just SETTING in the cylinders while the spark is "out".......imagine what happens when you get the spark back.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reason i ask is because, well...last night....at the track...i did just that, besides being the laughing stock of the track....nothing happened. But i was too dumb to realize what was happening..so i kept shifting and getting back on it...traction control kicked in 3 times before i figured it out...rolled across the traps at 95 mph at ran a 13.9

Impressive huh?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
hahaha I have had it happen a few times that turned pretty embarasing........one time a guy in a big cowl-hooded sn-95 did a U turn in a town JUST to play with me. I was on a little road trip, but left the bottle on just in case this happened.......First gear hit on the street with TC on while spraying=laughing stock of the entire town I was in. BUT he knew what had happened and had seen the purge, and did the little "bow down" thing lol.

I ran a 13.9 a few weeks ago on some slick ass street tires spinning my ass off. (on motor)........MAN I havn't sprayed the car in like 3 months!!!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
hahaha I have had it happen a few times that turned pretty embarasing........one time a guy in a big cowl-hooded sn-95 did a U turn in a town JUST to play with me. I was on a little road trip, but left the bottle on just in case this happened.......First gear hit on the street with TC on while spraying=laughing stock of the entire town I was in. BUT he knew what had happened and had seen the purge, and did the little "bow down" thing lol.

I ran a 13.9 a few weeks ago on some slick ass street tires spinning my ass off. (on motor)........MAN I havn't sprayed the car in like 3 months!!![/QUOTE]

Ill give it less than a week b4 you spray it again...

lemme guess, bottle freshly filled, eh?!?;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did the same thing at the track with the traction control and the car went into limp mod. I think I went across the line at 25 mph I thought for sure I broke something.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I recently gave a friend a ride in my car, was rolling along in 3rd and downshifted and nailed it with the trac. cont. on and it felt like it hesitated so bad and then caught. I would just imagine if I was using nitr. it would've went BOOM when it hesitated.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
You know there is a pretty smart guy on the S197 forum that rigged his traction control to turn off when he turned the ignition. It was still functional though, if you pressed the button. It wasn't disabled, just turned off when he turned the key. Only draw back was that if your car didn't fire on the first turn of the key, the next turn of the key turned it back on; then you would have to remember to hit the button. Maybe if he turned it all the way back to the off position before restarting would work? Anyways, I hate reaching over and turning it off everytime I start the car. I have the thread bookmarked at home because I was going to do it someday.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Excuse me if I'm stating the obvious, but why not just turn it off with the handheld?
None of you guys will need it anyways, You guys don't drive in snow (yet!)
Agree that the car with the squiggly lines lit up in the dash. is annoying, but...
Just my contribution to that discussion.
Oh and while we're on embarrassing moments at the track.
I power shifted from 2nd to 5th the last time I was out at the track.
Thought I had gone into limp mode, doesn't pull quite as much in 5th at low rpm.
:eek:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Excuse me if I'm stating the obvious, but why not just turn it off with the handheld?
None of you guys will need it anyways, You guys don't drive in snow (yet!)
Agree that the car with the squiggly lines lit up in the dash. is annoying, but...
Just my contribution to that discussion.

:eek:
Hey old timer. I had mine disabled in the tune and in Vegas it doesn't rain very often. Because it doesn't rain very often all the oil and **** builds up a lot more than in places where it rains a bunch. Then when we get our "monsoonal flow," Showers pop up real quick and unexpectedly. Once that rain hits the ground all of that build up, floats to the top and makes the roads very squirly. I consider myself an exceptional driver, but with babies in the back seat and all of the distractions of todays world, along with my 305 DR's and all that oil, I still would like to have the option of having it at the push of a button. Plus I told my wife she can never drive my car without it being on. I drive 99% of the time with it off, but it would be nice that 1% of the time to not have to plug my tuner in to have it on. It's kinda like cruise control. I hardly ever use it, but it is nice to have it occaisionally. I've even thought about using the cruise buttons for the TC and OD, but don't want to lose the cruise control.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so how come i didint blow it up?

·
Registered
623 Posts
How is your nitrous hooked up ? WOT only ? Maybe you weren't in it all the way. Maybe the trac. control eliminated the nit. signal through the tb. Your shortblock should definately be able to handle the abuse. I'm waiting to see some of these guys with the factory plastic intakes to blow them appart. I'm sure it has happened to somebody by now.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
You know there is a pretty smart guy on the S197 forum that rigged his traction control to turn off when he turned the ignition. It was still functional though, if you pressed the button. It wasn't disabled, just turned off when he turned the key. Only draw back was that if your car didn't fire on the first turn of the key, the next turn of the key turned it back on; then you would have to remember to hit the button. Maybe if he turned it all the way back to the off position before restarting would work? Anyways, I hate reaching over and turning it off everytime I start the car. I have the thread bookmarked at home because I was going to do it someday.

... teh fuk did you just say... REALLY?!? :eek:

Its BAD; REAL BAD...

If you cannot remember to hit the button... you have no business hitting the other button!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
... teh fuk did you just say... REALLY?!? :eek:

Its BAD; REAL BAD...

If you cannot remember to hit the button... you have no business hitting the other button!
He had it set up to when you cranked the starter it sent a signal to the relay which the relay interpets as you pushing the button to turn off the TC. But if you had to crank the starter again it would send another signal to the relay which it would interpet as you pushing the button again, which would turn it back on. If you cranked the starter twice it is like pushing the TC button twice; turning it off and then on again. It was a cool set up with just the one draw back when you had to crank the starter twice.

I would rather start the car and have to push the button to turn it on, than start the car and push the button to turn it off. Make sense? One less step 99% of the time.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
He had it set up to when you cranked the starter it sent a signal to the relay which the relay interpets as you pushing the button to turn off the TC. But if you had to crank the starter again it would send another signal to the relay which it would interpet as you pushing the button again, which would turn it back on. If you cranked the starter twice it is like pushing the TC button twice; turning it off and then on again. It was a cool set up with just the one draw back when you had to crank the starter twice.

I would rather start the car and have to push the button to turn it on, than start the car and push the button to turn it off. Make sense? One less step 99% of the time.

:shiftyeyes

I flollow... 6 in one, half dozen the other! ;)

Ill have one of each...

OK; now Im through 'pushing buttons'....

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just need a pit crew with head set and the crew chief saying, "He man turn the f**kin' button off ". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Is taking that 1sec to turn off the TC that bad that you need to turn it off with the tuner. Sounds like alil laziness to me.

Here's the mod for all you who can't take that 1sec to turn TC off Traction Control Auto Off Mod - The Mustang Source

With the Diablo that I have it takes a few minutes to turn it off. It reloads the whole tune everytime you change a parameter. Thanks for the thread link. I was asking for it over on the other site so I could post it over here, but you beat me to it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts