Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 2009 Bullit 3k miles fully loaded for 24g's.. It a hell of a price I think. If you guys had a GT and had 10k to play around with. WHAT would you do... I know this has been asked before, but just wanted to ask anyways. Lets say I had a Bullit

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
If i had a Bullitt and 10g's i would:
-get a good blower
-full exhaust
-some suspension LCAs...etc..
-either widen the rear wheels to run bigger tires or get the MRT bullitt hood.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
With $10k I would do the following:

Some type of PD blower. Personally I like TVS, Whipple and the Saleen unit's. So there goes ~$6000-$7000

So lets say $7000 w/ a decent tune. Get a good suspension pack. Why a pack? Because its all been designed to work together. Anything from BMR, Steeda or Saleen will do. Expect around $2500 for a good setup. That would be pretty much full suspension. Struts, springs, rear LCA's, rear UCA, Panhard bar, Panhard bar brace etc..

So, there goes $9500. But now you have your power and suspension out of the way. Where does the remainder go? In my opinion, supporting mod's. Clutch assembly, for example, more power will eat up the stocker fast, thats $400-$600+ depending on how crazy you go.

So now you have power than you can put to the ground in just about any racing/street situation. Fill it up with gas and go!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Invest it in FORD stock!!! I took 10k back in feb. and bought 10k worth of stock, stock price then was 1.49 and now my stock is sitting on 8.64 now that was a smart choice!!! Im just waiting for my profit to reach 55k so I can buy a new gt500 with the new engine if it changes. Its priceless to have ford pay for my new car with their stock.
that was the best decision I mean it was between a supercharger and a 62" lcd or invest my money. Now in as little as 9 months the return is great. Im waiting patiently for my stock to hit 10.00 as soon as it does shelby here i come.
So in short..... invest!!!

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Invest it in FORD stock!!! I took 10k back in feb. and bought 10k worth of stock, stock price then was 1.49 and now my stock is sitting on 8.64 now that was a smart choice!!! Im just waiting for my profit to reach 55k so I can buy a new gt500 with the new engine if it changes. Its priceless to have ford pay for my new car with their stock.
that was the best decision I mean it was between a supercharger and a 62" lcd or invest my money. Now in as little as 9 months the return is great. Im waiting patiently for my stock to hit 10.00 as soon as it does shelby here i come.
So in short..... invest!!!
****, that is awesome! i wish i would've thought of that... i knew ford would be the only one to pull through this bs economy

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Roush TVS with GT500 fuel pumps, forged pistons (rings, too) and rods, P51 clutch, tires, and little suspension work.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Get blown..preferably by twins. Just make sure your tune is spot on and you should be good to go, shoot for around 480hp. Just remember with stock internals it's better to be conservative than shoot for maximum hp. Then work your suspension and get a good set of tires(Mickey Thompson, Hoosier) to hook. Then smile.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Get blown..preferably by twins.
thats exactly what I would do. Though I really think you are wanting a mod list for your car.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Get blown..preferably by twins.
Yes, I was thinging that he should take the 10K. Drive to Vagas and blow it all on the dancing twins.

And then you should buy the edelbrock S/C and tell us how it is...

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i would drive the car around and invest the money for my future....

who am I kidding, i'd slap a blower on her and do the suspension and call it a day

·
Registered
978 Posts
INVEST IT!! you wont be sorry!!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Roush TVS with GT500 fuel pumps, forged pistons (rings, too) and rods, P51 clutch, tires, and little suspension work.
= 13-15k

plus why the hell would you ever ONLY replace the pistons? Especially when the rods would go first anyway :eek:

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
invest or pay off a huge chunk of the car

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
big bore 12:1 shortblock

1 - 20 of 28 Posts