Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that were in my thread about drag racing going bad .. We talked about how my low end was just garbage and needed a stall...

Now the question would you get a 3500 stall or buy a t-45 for $500 with all new synchs and covert to manual ?? I know the fun factor is a 5 SPD by far but you think it will be worth all the other stuff I gta buy .. Clutch,pedal , clutch cable, etc...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
no i have a 26 spline t56 in my car and it sucks racing with it. auto is deff the way to go for drag setups

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea u could but kinda was wanting not to unless I was revving higher than 2500

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
a 3500-3800 stall is good..the straight line get the auto..you will be much happier

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If you are interested in drag racing then you would be taking a giant step backwards to get a manual transmission.

My preference is a manual transmission. But, I've been around a long time. At least for the last 30 years automatics have been faster. I like shifting gears. It is my preference.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are interested in drag racing then you would be taking a giant step backwards to get a manual transmission.

My preference is a manual transmission. But, I've been around a long time. At least for the last 30 years automatics have been faster. I like shifting gears. It is my preference.
I like shifting to man ... Hell the 1st car I knew how to drive is a manual

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
what is your goal for ET in the 1/4?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
12.7 at 5800 feet

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
thats your overall goal?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea with my mods bro if i get this after the stall ill buy a 5.4 and start another project or start the suspension part... i just get :mad: cause i should built my powertrain
along time ago

1 - 13 of 13 Posts