Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's! Im wanting to get some stuff for my car but am not sure where to start. I need to purchase a good DA buffer and whatever else you guy's recommend for removing bad water etching and swirl marks. The swirls aren't too bad and look to be easily removed but the etching may be beyond my abilities at this point. Rubbing my hand down the side of my car I can't feel them but looking down the side they are noticeably bad. Maybe its just from the hard water. At this point I just want an entry level setup that may help until I get enough experience to try something more intermediate to fix them. I wanna order the DA,pads,waxes,polishes and whatever else I should need for a complete detail. Thanks alot. I will try to get some pics up of the correction needed.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
detailing stickies will help you out

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Like Danny said, please read the stickies. I think it should answer most if not all of your questions.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Stickies FTW!!!! Lots of info in there.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/210770-help-me-make-order.html

My personal preference...

Porter Cable 7427XP
Porter Cable 7424 & Foam Pad Kit - Car Buffer Porter Cable 7424XP & Pad Kit FREE BONUS

That takes care of the buffer, pads, backing plate and some other goodies

Car Wash
Glossworkz-AUTO WASH -Gloss Booster and Paintwork Cleanser ( 1 Gal)

Grit Guards
The Grit Guard, grit guard insert, bucket grate, car wash bucket grid,

Good Wash Mit
Sheepskin Wash Mitt

For Rims/Tires
SONAX Wheel Cleaner, all wheel cleaner, chrome wheel cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner, full effect wheel cleaner

Clay Bar
Automotive Clay Bar Overspray Eraser Bar

Optimum HyperCompound (Doubt You need this on a new car)
Optimum Hyper Compound Spray

Optimum HyperPolish
Optimum Hyper Polish Spray, Optimum spray polish, hyper spray polish, Optimum car polishes

CG Blacklight and CG V7
Detailers Radiant Finish Kit - In order to deliver the most vibrant and radiant of finishes you will need the right tools.

Top it with Autoglym HD...If your lucky walmart has it on sale for $20...Its regularly $50...See if you can find it...If not I will track some down for you...

Then for upkeep use
CG Prodetailer
Automotive Detail Quick Detail Spray and Clay Lube

For Interior
303 Aerospace Protectant
303 Aerospace Protectant 32 oz

Leather
Zaino Z-9
Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner: Zaino Store

Zaino Z-10
Z-10 Leather in a Bottle: Zaino Store

I just ordered these for my car but with pleather it won't do much good...

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 16 oz | Detailed Image

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 32 oz | Detailed Image

Also invest in some GOOD microfiber towels...These are the ones I have...
microfiber, microfiber towels, car care products, auto detailing, house cleaning, micro-restore, micro restore, df towels, microfiber

1 - 5 of 5 Posts