Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about calling some salvage yards and seeing if they have a core motor i could scoop up. I want the EXACT block that is in my car so that there is not confusion. Did any of the Crown vics come with this exact block. There are TONS of crown vics at the yards. (ex police cars). This way i could start my build prior to jerking out my motor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i know my 97 gt came with romeo.. i dunno if the later models come with windsors or not.. im no gangsta so i dont role in da vics!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah gangsta is key when rolling big body!

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
nuttin wrong with the vics! lol Im gonna be rollin an '84 merc grand marquis here soon :D

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
short of 99-mid 01 GT's your next best bet is F150's & E150's. windsor's are mostly found in truck's, romeo's in cars (except early new edge GT's)

·
Registered
22 Posts
my 99 gt has a windsor block..

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
nuttin wrong with the vics! lol Im gonna be rollin an '84 merc grand marquis here soon :D
my best friend is rolling in his sister's 94 grand marquis because his grand cherokee not running. It has a camera and blow machine in the car from dwi's that his sister has each time we get in it you have to blow for 3 sec then hum and see if you pass the breathalizer to start the car now thats gangster and ghetto at the same time haha

sorry baker didnt mean to mess up your thread i just had to throw that in there for laughs. as for the windsor's try to get one from a 99 to early 01 GT the F-150 do have them, not sure what exact years though.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
short of 99-mid 01 GT's your next best bet is F150's & E150's. windsor's are mostly found in truck's, romeo's in cars (except early new edge GT's)
The reason early GT's have truck motors is that a fire in the Romeo plant shut down production in 99-mid-01.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if anyone around louisiana has one, holla at me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts