Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight creeking noise when turning my wheel to the right and only to the right. Nothing happens when I turn the wheel to the left at all. Also, is my front rotors supposed be really fn hot after a drive? When I first pulled it off the lot recently it smelt like it was overheating at the front right tire area. But after about 4 days the smell is barely there but its still the same temperature, hot as crap! About the noise, I had the same noise on my 01 Cobra and when I turned it in they couldnt find anything wrong. So I'm not sure if that noise is common in stangs. What you guys think?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Only time I had a noise like that was my 96 and the ball joint snapped.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you get the noise well you are driving I would say wheel bearing by experience.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
01MGGT is right, check your balljoints. As far as the brakes go, yes, they will get hot during/after use, but it sounds like you may have a sticking caliper from your description.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yea if you have a smell near the right front tire I would check the caliper. That could also be your noise. I believe when my caliper was sticking I had a weird noise but I cant remember for sure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea if you have a smell near the right front tire I would check the caliper. That could also be your noise. I believe when my caliper was sticking I had a weird noise but I cant remember for sure.

Well i dont hear a noise while driving but it does have a sizzle noise after i drive it and it sits. But the caliper is really really hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts