Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Were you thinking of wraping the intake? or making a heat shield around part of the intake and having the "tape" on the shield?

I cant see how affective it would be without some sort of air space behind it, however i may be wrong.

might look pretty cool though wraping the intake

jay

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
?? For the intake before the throttle body? Thats a waste of money.

The aluminum itself may be hot, but the air isnt in there long enough to actually get as hot as the intake.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
CryO2 has some things that I've looked at and wondered if it actually worked. Here is a CO2 sprayer to cool your intercooler.

Dei 080108 CRYO2 Intercooler Sprayer Kit 10 lb Tank CO2 | eBay
I watched a video on this and it lookd like a good ideal, however if im going to spend that kind of money, then time for an install ide totaly replace my intecooler with one that was much more efficient and not have to worry about filling the bottle. Nitrous seems to be getting popular for cooling intake air temperatures again. I watched a couple videos where folks were using the NOS just for cooling AIT's right after the intercooler but that seems like a waste of money for the street.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright guys thanks ill just keep lookin around, this hot weather kills me haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts