Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished taking out all of my stereo equipment and pulled the rear and passenger seats. I had to leave the backs on the rear cause the track mandates no open holes in fire wall or trunk area to the cabin.

I ran some 12.8's in the quarter on motor before my dyno tune. Got a set of 555R's on the back now. I plan on running a few motor passes and see what it does before spraying it.

Any info on where I should be as far as 1/8th mile times would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
i think 7 is fast as ****, 8 is quick, 9 is decent

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
it depends on your goals and what you want to hit. i know some say there is an equation that adds up 1/8th to 1/4 times. but who knows how close they are. i would just shoot for mid to high 6's and call it a day.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If you hook good on the 555R's and have skinny front you should be in the high 7's on motor, i would probably be right at a 8 flat with front runners on the 17" 555R's i ran on and you have almost 100 more WHP than me on motor vs motor so if you drive it right i say high 7's on motor, around a 7.2-7.4 on the spray if you ream it good

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
If you hook good on the 555R's and have skinny front you should be in the high 7's on motor, i would probably be right at a 8 flat with front runners on the 17" 555R's i ran on and you have almost 100 more WHP than me on motor vs motor so if you drive it right i say high 7's on motor, around a 7.2-7.4 on the spray if you ream it good
Isn't low 7's cobra territory? I can see that in all honesty if you have a low 60' time.

Where are you running the 1/8? Kennedale?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you running those times in your sig on motor or juice? I have some stock cobra wheels on the car. 555's on the front and 555R's 275's in the back. I have not even done a real burn out on them yet cause they are two weeks old and I didn't want to waste them unless at the track. The line lock is going to get a work out tomorrow.

I will have my wife take videos for me too.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Put a real tire on the car. Nitto's are never going to get you where you want to be.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Isn't low 7's cobra territory? I can see that in all honesty if you have a low 60' time.

Where are you running the 1/8? Kennedale?
Clarksville,TN. I think it is called Clarksville raceway. It is like 10 minutes from me and I don't have time right now to go to Bowlingreen, which I am super excited about only being an hour away from here.

If low 7's is stock cobra territory, then I am not far off on motor. If it is a pullied cobra then the sauce should put me in there.

After this new insight I think I will for sure make a pass on motor and maybe even let out of it the first run just to see were I sit. I would hate to run too fast the first time and not get to enjoy myself.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put a real tire on the car. Nitto's are never going to get you where you want to be.
These are going to have to do for now. My 15's are in my house hold goods shipment and I don't have them.

If I can rip off 1.7s I would be happy with these tires.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
well with your power i would think high 11's/very bottom 12's aren't out of the question on motor. my best pass in my '95 was an 11.8 and in the 1/8 mile it was a 7.62. so i would say anything from a 7.6-7.9 in the 1/8 on motor would be good. then 7.2 and under on spray.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
These are going to have to do for now. My 15's are in my house hold goods shipment and I don't have them.

If I can rip off 1.7s I would be happy with these tires.
I understand:D Those Nittos are going to be frustrating to say the least. Lots of heat in them and a good clutch slip is what's needed.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Are you running those times in your sig on motor or juice? I have some stock cobra wheels on the car. 555's on the front and 555R's 275's in the back. I have not even done a real burn out on them yet cause they are two weeks old and I didn't want to waste them unless at the track. The line lock is going to get a work out tomorrow.

I will have my wife take videos for me too.
Yeah on bald 17" 555R's with the stock 18"s up front on motor
Ran a better 60 foot on street tires N/A than i did on nitrous with DR's lol, it just spun all of 1st n a little of 2nd on the spray n DR's.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I understand:D Those Nittos are going to be frustrating to say the least. Lots of heat in them and a good clutch slip is what's needed.
Thanks for the tipon these tires. I will do my best.

Yeah on bald 17" 555R's with the stock 18"s up front on motor
Ran a better 60 foot on street tires N/A than i did on nitrous with DR's lol, it just spun all of 1st n a little of 2nd on the spray n DR's.
I plan on setting my window switch to lock out first and spray second on.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
low sevens is more like pullied cobra territory. that would be quite a bit ahead of a stock cobra. stock cobra is more like 8.0-8.1 with a good driver

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
low sevens is more like pullied cobra territory. that would be quite a bit ahead of a stock cobra. stock cobra is more like 8.0-8.1 with a good driver
Good to know. I guess I will just let it rip the first pass on motor and see what times it spits out.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
you should post a vid of your runs. im about 2 weeks out before i go to the track. sucks i have to wait but i work nights and the track is open friday during the days.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you should post a vid of your runs. im about 2 weeks out before i go to the track. sucks i have to wait but i work nights and the track is open friday during the days.
I will. I have a iPhone 4 and a regular Camra I am going to let her use to video. Hopefully she can get some good videos with one of them. I will post them tomorrow in-between runs.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
since your on street tires i will forgive you if you spin your ass off and run some slow times when it comes to spraying your car down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts