Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well hello all i am new to the forum
i have a 351 w with a gt 40 iron heads with mild porting 1.6 fms roller rockers and a fms x cam the car is a stick also a gt 40 lower and an explorer upper all stock no porting with a 75 mm TB and egr spacer i am looking at the professional products typhoon intake (edelbrock knock off) do you think its worth it some people said it is way better then what i have but then i also here that what i have is just as good as a gt 40 what do you guys think

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Stick with a good intake. That Professional Products piece needs alot of work to be up to par. You would be better off with an Explorer intake than a Typhoon intake.

·
Registered
382 Posts
if it's a 351W you must have a Lightning lower - very nice GT40 style piece. Put the Explorer upper on it and it will feed those heads fine.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Don't get the typhoon. If your looking for an improved intake, maybe TFS-R 351 or just have ^^^ port your current intake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't get the typhoon. If your looking for an improved intake, maybe TFS-R 351 or just have ^^^ port your current intake.

I agree with the TFS-R recommendation. But, if you're going with a PP typhoon intake, take a look at what anderson ford motorsport has to offer

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am lookin at all the alternatives i just thought the pp typhoon was good because it is supposed to be like the edelbrock and i can get it for like 325 shiped

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
i am lookin at all the alternatives i just thought the pp typhoon was good because it is supposed to be like the edelbrock and i can get it for like 325 shiped
Its a cheap knock off and performs nothing like the Edelbrock piece.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i ended up getting the typhoon intake the car run real good i compared it to the edelbrock and there was not much difference the car defiantly picked up some more power the car blows the tires off in thrid now before it would just chirp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts