Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to redo the valve train and i was thinkin about putting an x cam with 1.7 rockers or should i do an e cam with 1.6 rockers i want it to b a beafy street car its an 88 gt 5.0 5spd

·
Awesome Sauce
146 Posts
If you have a couple extra bucks I would go with a custom grind cam, it would probably benefit you more for not much extra cost.

·
Awesome Sauce
146 Posts
a custom ground cam that is made for your application to work with your mods and your style of driving.
Camshaft Innovations - Home Email or Call Jay he will hook you up.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
before anything else what is done to the car mod wise?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
thats where I was going ryan. Seems like the past 2 months have been newbies wanting BIG cams with stock motor months.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
They want the "BIG cam" sound. Not actual power. :dunno

·
Registered
71 Posts
thats where I was going ryan. Seems like the past 2 months have been newbies wanting BIG cams with stock motor months.
Past 2 months? try the last 20 yrs. c'mon I know im not the only one who was converting my 2 bbl 289 to 4bbl and thinking hmmm.. the cam's right there, maybe ill slap a fatty in there while im at it. might not be right but it's cheap thrill's and you don't have to jerk the motor.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Past 2 months? try the last 20 yrs. c'mon I know im not the only one who was converting my 2 bbl 289 to 4bbl and thinking hmmm.. the cam's right there, maybe ill slap a fatty in there while im at it. might not be right but it's cheap thrill's and you don't have to jerk the motor.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no im not looking for the big cam power and im trying to build up the valvetrain and top end while having a stock bottom end so im not one of the boys who wants the big camm sounds and the car doesnt go nywhere just makes noise so any ideas on a top end would b nice

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Well atleast you can admit that. You can see a slight gain with alphabet cams, but thats not the direction you want to go in.

You don't have to go custom cam, and judging by your asking about x or e cams, idk why on Gods green earth anyone would suggest a custom grind. Someone needs to point you in the direction of a good off the shelf cam.

If you have the moeny though, get heads. This way you will have a fresh valve train, and more power ready for a cam later on.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.