Modded Mustang Forums banner

161 - 180 of 255 Posts

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Lol. It was due. I was way overworking the parts in that thing and it's been together for a long time. It's a freak for making it this long.
Soooo how'd it go boom? What kind of sbf shenanigans will come next?

Drinking nothing tonight cuz exam tomorrow..probly won't drink after my exam tomorrow either because it will be easy..I'll save my booze for after my calc 3 exam, which is on Saturday at 7:30am -_-

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Soooo how'd it go boom? What kind of sbf shenanigans will come next?

Drinking nothing tonight cuz exam tomorrow..probly won't drink after my exam tomorrow either because it will be easy..I'll save my booze for after my calc 3 exam, which is on Saturday at 7:30am -_-
I'm not sure what broke yet, but I think it was just fatigue. This engine was a stock block, with a Scat (Chinese) cast crank, and I beam rods, and I'm pretty sure scat rates that at 500 hp. It made more than that on motor, and 95% of its passes were on the bottle. Over time, that just fatigues parts.

Me and my daughter were leaving horseback riding lessons, and I gave it a quick burst on the highway. At about 6000 RPMs, it grenaded and went to 0 RPMs instantly. No trying to turn over, clattering....nothing. It seized from 6000 RPMs, and there's a large hole in the oil pan.

When it popped, I looked down and it had 65 psi of oil pressure, it never made a sound before it popped, and it was still making solid power proven by the track passes I made a few weeks ago. I think a rod just broke because they have so much abuse and weren't made to support the power. The motor has never been refreshed or been into, so I'm calling it parts fatigue. I just hope the heads survived, but the way it went, I'm doubting anything is salvageable.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

And as far as future SBF shenanigans for this car, it's hard to say. I can't imagine anything much different because the car itself can't take any more power, so I'm expecting a similar combo. I was about to buy a new truck so the car may be dead for a while, considering that, and our house build.

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I'm not sure what broke yet, but I think it was just fatigue. This engine was a stock block, with a Scat (Chinese) cast crank, and I beam rods, and I'm pretty sure scat rates that at 500 hp. It made more than that on motor, and 95% of its passes were on the bottle. Over time, that just fatigues parts.

Me and my daughter were leaving horseback riding lessons, and I gave it a quick burst on the highway. At about 6000 RPMs, it grenaded and went to 0 RPMs instantly. No trying to turn over, clattering....nothing. It seized from 6000 RPMs, and there's a large hole in the oil pan.

When it popped, I looked down and it had 65 psi of oil pressure, it never made a sound before it popped, and it was still making solid power proven by the track passes I made a few weeks ago. I think a rod just broke because they have so much abuse and weren't made to support the power. The motor has never been refreshed or been into, so I'm calling it parts fatigue. I just hope the heads survived, but the way it went, I'm doubting anything is salvageable.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

And as far as future SBF shenanigans for this car, it's hard to say. I can't imagine anything much different because the car itself can't take any more power, so I'm expecting a similar combo. I was about to buy a new truck so the car may be dead for a while, considering that, and our house build.

That sucks, but what can you do right? **** is bound to break one day

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Nothing because the mach 1 took all my spending money. One of the COPs decided to take a **** finally so I bought that set of eight to my displeasure from AM.

161 - 180 of 255 Posts