Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy I work with offered to buy my FRs off me for $700 lol. He's ****ing nuts but I'm not saying no to that kind of offer. I'm gonna sell them to him and then buy these.

Enkei RPF1s. I ****ing LOVE how these wheels look on this cobra and every other picture of a mustang I've seen them on I've really liked. I've been wanting to get a set of wheels that isn't the typical Saleen, Bullitt, FR, Cobra replica or something that doesnt costs 3k+ for a set. Also, how often do you see these wheels on our cars? Hardly ever. Once I get my stock front the end of the month, my car will look like a cookie cutter mustang, I dont want that. Yea, it looks good but I want it to be a little different.

I'm pretty much decided on these but was just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
haha id sell them to him too for that, make money off them after driving them for awhile lol, and the new wheels your planning on getting will look awesome, i agree need something different, everyone has cobra, frs, saleens, something like that. if i had the money id pick up a set of bbks. dont remember what kind just seen them on a silver turbo mustang in MM&FF, they look amazing but cost like 2k without tires lol ridiculous

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your thinking of the RKs. They're my dream wheel but theyre hard to come by and people want an arm and a leg b/c theyre so rare and not in production anymore.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Those rims are nice man, I know you're against typical mustang, but those look similar to the 10th anniversary cobras. I say go 10th anniversary if you can swing it, they're sick looking rims, look like those, very rare on mustangs, AND you can keep it in the family lol. I was strongly debating between FR500's and the 10th anniversary cobras.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Have you seen the XXR 521?

XXR 521

They are universal wheels but I saw a guy that was able to cover the holes he did no use. You get the 3K True Forged whee look for much more less. You can have the rivets made the same color as the wheels.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Ive been thinking about getting the rpf1's too once i get the funds..

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
they look like 10th anniversay's to me still look good

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea they are kind of similar to the 10ths but theyre different enough that people will know theyre something different. I have checked out the XXR wheels. I do like them but theyre too busy in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I'd buy your saleen in a heartbeat if you do this soon lol
Lol there screwed up man. I had a caliper seize and dig into the rotor and shoot **** all over my wheel and it wont come off.. So im buying new wheels and im just gunna refinish these. I dont think ill ever sell them.. You cant find them anymore and they look so good lol..

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:eek: so sexy.. Im probably going to get the satin black ones with the red lettering.
I'm actually considering that. I just posted that pic bc it was one of the first to come up lol. I'm usually not all about the whole black car, black rim thing but I like how the black RPF1s look on that cobra and I haven't seen any pics of the silver ones on a black mustang. I was thinking about just getting them powdercoated gun metal when I get them. Ive always wanted a gun metal shade for my rims.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would sell them, but you better take good pics and make a thread!!
LOL! I havent gotten the time to get around to give my car a full detail yet. But trust me, there will be pics when its actually clean enough to get pics of it taken.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I'm actually considering that. I just posted that pic bc it was one of the first to come up lol. I'm usually not all about the whole black car, black rim thing but I like how the black RPF1s look on that cobra and I haven't seen any pics of the silver ones on a black mustang. I was thinking about just getting them powdercoated gun metal when I get them. Ive always wanted a gun metal shade for my rims.
Personally if I had a black car I would just go with the silver. I think it would look best.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh it definitely would. I'm gonna have to contact the company I'll be buying from to see if they have the 18s in silver. So far theyve been extremely helpful and are giving me a good price as well :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts