Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im going to ask the age old question. Whats next? I have an 02 gt with o/r h pipes and LM1 resonators, JLT RMI, bbk 75tb and plenum, and 4:10 gears. I have the SCT tuner on the way. So what is next? I am thinking of getting the aluminum driveshaft and UDP's, what do you guys think? I am trying to stay out of the engine for as long as possible, for me that means like a month or 2 LOL

thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
cams or a blower

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL i had a feeling I would hear that. I will get a cam soon and the Blower is out the question.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well forced induction, nitrous, or heads/cams is the only way you are going to make any real power. I would just save my money for the cams.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, I think that is what I will do. I keep hearing that LT headers are the last mod for these cars but no one explains why and yet most of you guys have them. What is the deal with the headers? Are they really a waste of money. SLP makes claims of up to 15 rwhp, thats pretty good for 700 bucks right? I know not to believe everything you read but even if you got half of that, thats pretty good.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Doing all the work on the engine is useless if you can't hook up the tires.

I say do your rear suspension next, subframe connectors, upper & lower control arms, and Strange 10-way adjustable rear shocks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
ok, I think that is what I will do. I keep hearing that LT headers are the last mod for these cars but no one explains why and yet most of you guys have them. What is the deal with the headers? Are they really a waste of money. SLP makes claims of up to 15 rwhp, thats pretty good for 700 bucks right? I know not to believe everything you read but even if you got half of that, thats pretty good.
I think long tubes are for people with a cash overflow problem. an x pipe and a catback will do just fine. I am making 400rwhp with the stock exhaust in my car.:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea you are right about the the rear end but I will worry about that when I need too. A good set of tires and a stock rear end will be fine for a while. When I get over 300 rwhp then I will get into the rear suspension. Power first, important stuff later hahaha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont have a cash overflow problem for sure. In fact I think my bank account has a leak in it somewhere haha

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
15 hp for 700 bucks is horrible. There's a thread in the first few pages titled "headers" where this is being dicussed. Cliff notes are- Not much horsepower for the money, and the stock manifolds flow well enough to support 400+ hp. Im going to run LTs on mine, mainly because it is going to take forever to save up for a blower on my budget(it will also be the last bolt on I do), but I will be getting MAC lts for around 480 for ceramic coated headers.

2V 1-5/8" L/T HEADERS 2-1/2" COLLECTORS CERAMIC COATED 1996-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It seems that good set of headers and cams run about the same price. I think I will do the cams first and then the headers. I just think it is funny how people put headers down but when you open there hood you see a nice set of longtube headers staring at cha.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
auto or stick?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Headers are what i would worry about last. Most people who buy them get a bit of power and love the sound. But if you have a set of longtubes and a blower? thats where the real increase comes. My car has an ass ton of suspenshy work done, rear end girdle, full steeda suspension kit, sub-frame connectors, and i have a ford racing aluminum driveshaft =p. LOL but i seriously need the rear upper an lower control arms, their pretty cheap if you get some solid ones one AM and from what i hear they make a decent improvement. ALSO on a side note. I would go with Comp XE270AH's for cams, they give you a good power jump and idle lope, but again, with a blower, it amplifies.

Jus sayin. :D

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
worry about long tubes last because the next mods that will actually use them to their full potential are cams and a blower

1 - 17 of 17 Posts