Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Just bought my 1st Pony('06 GT) & I have already finished some mods, such as
Ford Racing CAI w/ a Performance tune.
Off Road Xpipes, still running stock mufflers though...
Lowering springs.
What are some avenues that I can take as far as adding some power to the rear? I would like for her to push out around 450-500 horses. All help is appreciated.:cool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Only way you will ever get over 400 HP is a supercharger or turbo. Nice mods to start with though.

·
Banned
102 Posts
if i were you i would get the Lowering springs springs removed. believe it or not it slows the car down. effects weight transfer.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I've been really impressed with my Roush TVS custom tuned by VMP Tuning. I mean VERY impressed. It's made great power at all different boost levels. It was easy to install. It took about one full day or two partial days taking your time. It's easy for someone that hasn't ever installed a supercharger. Just need to be some-what mechanically inclined, know how to turn a wrench, and how to read instructions. I think it looks great under the hood as well. Another plus is if you ever drop in a 5.4L from a GT500 you'll be able to throw the TVS ontop of it with no issues.

8 lbs - 463 rwhp
10 lbs - 506 rwhp
11 lbs - 525 rwhp

if i were you i would get the Lowering springs springs removed. believe it or not it slows the car down. effects weight transfer.
Who said he is only interested in drag racing? .. or making his car look like a 4X4 truck??

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
That thing is sick.

But yes you are gonna need a blower or turbo to truly get that much power

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Nasty - That makes me want the TVS.. How much did you spend on it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With adding a supercharger will I have to make other changes ie: rear end, drive shaft, gears & such?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Probably sooner or later, depending on how much you drive. More power will make things start to ware faster because of how much extra work they are doing. You are gonna need more than just lowering springs to put that power to the ground and a new upgraded clutch would be a good idea

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
no need to change anything else. your stock internals will be good for 500rwhp +/-. as you can see with nasty's some people are getting a little over 500, but in order for this to happen you MUST have a good tuner.

the biggest thing i think you'll need aside from the sc'er kit is make sure you use GT500 dual fuel pumps. you can get away with a bap (i am), but you'll be replacing it anyway when you decide to go bigger

·
Registered
371 Posts
+1 for a good tuner they make all of the difference.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Nasty- how much did that kit cost you?
Nasty - That makes me want the TVS.. How much did you spend on it?
VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: ROUSH 2.3L TVS Supercharger kit for 05-10 Mustang GT (6-rib)

With adding a supercharger will I have to make other changes ie: rear end, drive shaft, gears & such?
Not really. I'm running the OEM rear end, driveshaft, gears, etc. The only thing you'll need in addition to the link that I posted is a set of GT500 fuel pumps, the Xcal3 (if you don't have one) which is one of the options on that page. If you have an Xcal2 or 3 than you'll just need to order a tune which is also on that same page.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It comes with the air intake, you'll be able to sell your FRPP CAI. I posted the link where to buy it above.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: ROUSH 2.3L TVS Supercharger kit for 05-10 Mustang GT (6-rib)

Not really. I'm running the OEM rear end, driveshaft, gears, etc. The only thing you'll need in addition to the link that I posted is a set of GT500 fuel pumps, the Xcal3 (if you don't have one) which is one of the options on that page. If you have an Xcal2 or 3 than you'll just need to order a tune which is also on that same page.
Thanks Nasty, going over the finances with the wife tonight. (crosses fingers) See if I can go ahead & order this kit, I have my SCT Tuner, couldn't I get the flash tune from Bama, since I get free Tunes for Life?
Thanks again for everyones help!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Thanks Nasty, going over the finances with the wife tonight. (crosses fingers) See if I can go ahead & order this kit, I have my SCT Tuner, couldn't I get the flash tune from Bama, since I get free Tunes for Life?
Thanks again for everyones help!
I don't really know if that applies to something like this. Either way, spend the extra coin and get a tune from Justin @ VMP Tuning. You won't be disappointed. Justin will make that TVS your bitch, trust me. On his 2007 GT500 he's making 816 rwhp with the TVS on stock internals. :D

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I don't really know if that applies to something like this. Either way, spend the extra coin and get a tune from Justin @ VMP Tuning. You won't be disappointed. Justin will make that TVS your bitch, trust me. On his 2007 GT500 he's making 816 rwhp with the TVS on stock internals. :D
That is a great way to go. There is probably not another tuner out there who has more TVS experience than Justin at VMP. The only strike I've heard against him is he is hard to get a hold of - but that is because he is a small operation and he is sought after, so you have to be patient to work with the best - but all the good tuners are that way.

My local guy regularly has a three week back-log.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts