Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im goin on 6 years with this car, got her bone stock, and with the help of a few friends and some beers built her what it is now. Just get kinda bored with it sometimes.... was thinkin this plus a few bucks might get me a Termi? So I really dunno what she's worth, just lookin for some opinions so check out the mod list/pics. 48,XXX miles. Im not agaisnt keeping it either....just exploring options.

Procharger P1SC 10psi
3 Core Intercooler
42lb Injectors
255LPH Focus Fuel Pump
Diablosport Chip Custom Tuned
90MM Lightning MAF
BBK 75mm Throttle Body
Trick Flow Intake Plenum
Ported Tyhpoon Intake
BBK Off-Road X-pipe
Flowmasters and 3 1/2in Tips
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Shifter
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
Spec Billet Steel Flywheel
Steeda Adjustable Cable/Quadrant
Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft With Saftey Loop
Snow Performance Strut Brace
18x10in Rear Rims w/ 295's
AutoMeter Lunar Series Gauge Cluster
Autometer Lunar series Boost and Fuel Press. Gauges
Steeda Alum. Upper & Lower Control Arms
Steeda Competition Springs
Steeda Front Sway bar
Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Steeda Full Length Subframe Connectors
Tokico 5 Way adjustable Shocks
Steeda 3bolt Caster/Camber plates
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
Canton Aluminum Coolant Tank
Roush Stage 3 Bumper
Removed GT Badges
Cobra Mirrors

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
its not worth a penny....but I'll take it off your hands just to be a nice guy :D seriously though...it looks really nicely done and im sure it runs strong...I have no idea what it would be worth though....I wanna say 17 or 18k to the right person

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Same thing i want to do, my car has 40k on it also, I want to sell it and ge a termi :D

What did your car put down on the dyno??

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Why not just forge it and up the boost so you're not bored anymore? You're not gonna get what it's worth if you try to sell it and to just get a cobra I don't see it as a smart move.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts

what is do really?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same thing i want to do, my car has 40k on it also, I want to sell it and ge a termi :D

What did your car put down on the dyno??
put 421rwhp 435 rwtq before the ported tyhpoon intake and alum driveshaft

what is do really?
Looks pretty...holds a lil more coolant

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only reason Im thinkin this route....is Im at the limits of the stock block, and can prob say the same for the trans and rear end. So if Im gunna spend 5k on a built motor, why not get rid of the GT and put the 5k twards a Termi which can handle 600hp with the stock motor?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
the Termi will handle 750rwhp plus on a stock block...

I build the GT. You know the car. Put a D1 on it and a rotating assembly with that and maybe a 4R70W swap with manaul valve body :tomato

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea but with the money Ill spend on doin that I could maybe get a termi and a kenne bell and the built GT prob wouldnt even touch it

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Yeah I know what your saying. Maybe keep the GT and save up for internals, heads, cams, D1 upgrade, and auto swap to manual valve body and your car would be solid.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Yea but with the money Ill spend on doin that I could maybe get a termi and a kenne bell and the built GT prob wouldnt even touch it
built gt with a big blower should hit 600+...an average kenne bell cobra only hits upper 500's or in the 600's as well...and weighs a bit more

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
buy a termi or you will hate yourself for life... thats what im doing... i could make my gt faster than any termi around here but ill still cry myself to sleep because its not a termi. lol. look at it this way. you can put another 8k in your car and run 10s maybe 9s, or you can buy a termi with a ported blower, put a nitrous kit and an auto with a stall in it all for about 1500 to 2k and run 9s. thats what im gonna do. and i would say you are not gonna get much more than 10k for your car right now with the market the way it is. i have a FULL bolt on gt with built rear and cant sell it for 5k, white99 has a 9sec capable gt only needing a power adder and cant sell it for 6k.... you can find the right termi owner you might can get into one for your car and about 3 or 4k

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
what makes the Termi so great for you?

4v with internals and sounds awesome? thats it. Body kit and different interior....

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah is does well with mods and all but a 2v makes good power too and people will get more pissed being beat by a GT than a Cobra.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
buy a termi or you will hate yourself for life... thats what im doing... i could make my gt faster than any termi around here but ill still cry myself to sleep because its not a termi. lol. look at it this way. you can put another 8k in your car and run 10s maybe 9s, or you can buy a termi with a ported blower, put a nitrous kit and an auto with a stall in it all for about 1500 to 2k and run 9s. thats what im gonna do. and i would say you are not gonna get much more than 10k for your car right now with the market the way it is. i have a FULL bolt on gt with built rear and cant sell it for 5k, white99 has a 9sec capable gt only needing a power adder and cant sell it for 6k.... you can find the right termi owner you might can get into one for your car and about 3 or 4k
where are you gonna get an auto trans with a stall and a nitrous kit along with a ported blower all for under 2K? just curious.

and if they both run the same times then what makes them so much different? exterior? its cool that you put little money into the cobra and become so fast but you will also shell out a bit more to get the cobra in the first place. if you just like the fact of having little mods and running fast then sure go for teh cobra. i mean for the extra you shell out the gt could be as fast. but if you wanna be able to say it only has a few things done and is still fast then its for you :) ...fast will be fast no matter whats done or the amount of money into it

btw, there are many cobras out there with 600-700+ on stock motor...and i can kinda see how its still different just because ITS A COBRA lol...so awesome. a real terminator lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts

808hp on stock internals.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts

Stock Block with internals on this one too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
M gettin em Rims for my V6 Mustang... Not the fastest Muscle Car, but she's a beauty. My bro bought them, and I"m doing the same, cause he sold his, and they were frickin sweet.

He has a GT 2003 Mustang Lucky Guy. Were both young so we Can't be the best out there yet, I just got my license and ready to drive it. THose Rims are worth about 2k, my bro bought them for bout 1.4k that'll add to the pie.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts