Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, whats the best backing plate for my griots DA? i want a 5inch plate. I have a 6 inch one now and its just too big. Just feel like If I have a smaller pad concentrated in a smaller area would get ME better results. I used a 5.5 inch pad and really liked it... thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
the buff n Shine is a very good one and if I was going to replace mine its what i would buy
Buff and Shine 5" Flexible D.A. Backing Plate - Backing Plates

I am currently using the Meguiars 5"
Meguiar's W67DA - 5 Inch Dual Action Backing Plate - Backing Plates
the Megs has a little bit shorter hook n loop on the back so the pads are easier to remove this was done for the Microfiber pads they make so you dont tear the pads apart removing them.

I also have the Lake country 5" backing plate but its mainly just a backup. its a good plate as well but it has longer hook n loop so its kinda of a bitch pulling pads off it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK thanks guys! What about the uber backing plate. Has holes in it to release heat my pads and backing plate now get pretty hot...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
I use buff n shine. I would buy it again if it busted today.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
I did all the research bns has nothing but good reviews. Don't be afraid to try something new like what handz uses. He's pretty good at it and I don't see him steering anyone in the wrong direction.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Can't beat that ^

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like im going with the CG one lol since im placing an order there already. thanks everyone for the input

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just checking back in. Ordered a bunch of stuff from CG and got their winter brew kit as a bonus, pretty good deal if you ask me. But about the backing plate. I have not used it yet but it is MUCH more bendable and pliable then the 6 inch one that came with my griots and looks to be made of more durable bendable material. I'll check back again when I use it for some compounding and applying wax and such. So far I looks be a great product

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Its most likely very similar to most flexible 5" BPs for DAs. The griots one is really thin and stiff, i dont think anyone uses the factory one lol.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Should have given the Gloss it one a try I have there 3" on for my Flex PE14-2 rotary and its solid. I am sure the on for the griots or pcxp will be the same, plus this conforms to curved panels unlike regular da backing plates that are generally pretty stiff since they are urethane. I wouldnt however get any detailing product else from Gloss-it they are over priced and dont perform well.

http://www.gloss-it.net/GlossitsEVO5DualActionBackingPlate-idv-244-9.html

·
Detailing Extraordinaire
408 Posts
I had the Gloss It backing plate and didn't care for it, especially since it tore after a while. I prefer the 3M Perfect-it backing plates by far.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I had the Gloss It backing plate and didn't care for it, especially since it tore after a while. I prefer the 3M Perfect-it backing plates by far.
I do too, yet never have had an issue with my gloss it 3" bp I guess the manufacturing is iffy with them. I too have the 3M Perfect it III 09553 for the PE14-2 and really like it as well I would have it say its top notch.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
3m makes good stuff all together. I really like finesse it II

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.