Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bone stock 2010 Mustang GT and I can get a good deal on exhaust install but I'm having trouble picking the best setup for my car...all input is appreciated!

·
Registered
54 Posts
You have to define "best". If best means sound, beauty is in the ear of the beholder. If best means most HP than this is what I am seriously considering because it has 3" exhaust piping.

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

And don't listen to the detractors about 2.5" being better than 3" exhaust piping. Most of your HP is made in the exhaust manifolds/headers. From there it pays to have the least restriction possible. Do an on line search to find better pricing on this particular system.

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
mac long tubes into mac prochamber into flowmaster american thunder aggressives.

but also with brenspeed detroit rocker supercharger cams. just ignore the thump at idle.

http://youtu.be/lbHJ_X9LtdQ?hd=1

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot guys but here is another question for ya...a friend of mine owns a muffler shop and he wants to run 3in pipe straight back from the cats to tips...good or bad idea, it sounds kinda sketchy to me because all the ones i see that sound and perform great have a legit setup.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
If hes doing it from the cats back, its legit. If hes taking out the cats then you will fail emssions. I dont have cats but im not exactly worried about it. Movong to oklahoma im 45 days and they have no emission or exhaust laws

·
Registered
154 Posts
thanks a lot guys but here is another question for ya...a friend of mine owns a muffler shop and he wants to run 3in pipe straight back from the cats to tips...good or bad idea, it sounds kinda sketchy to me because all the ones i see that sound and perform great have a legit setup.
A few of things to consider: How is he going to bend the pipes? Will they be Mandrel bent (no kinks) if not then you will lose some hp. What will it be made out of? Most if not all aftermarket systems are stainless steel. It would suck if your buddy fabricates a beautiful exhaust system for your car only to have it rust away in a few years. Otherwise I say let him do it, if you don't like how it sounds he can always weld in a set of mufflers or resonators.

·
Registered
762 Posts
you dont want just straight pipes. it will be VERY raspy. thats one thing with the pype bombs. its a muffler delete, but the tips are basically resonators which keeps it loud and free flowing but gets rid of the raspiness.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
With the stock catted H, I would say SLP LM or pype bombs. SLP LM don't sound raspy with the stock catted H.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts